PDA

View Full Version : I'm Getting better:)

Stressed92
13-07-08, 21:33
Hiiya,
I haven't had much of a success, but it's a step in the right direction!
I usually just take my dog for a walk to the usual place with my mum, although I still panic. Yesterday I managed to walk him with my friends twice, without panicking and tonight I took him by myself and felt okay about it:).
Tomorrow I am going to walk a bit further and take him to the park, where I am not used to going. Hopefully I won't panic and will carry on taking a bigger step each day!
The advice I have read on here has really helped and I am so greatful for the support.
I know I haven't achieved much yet, but I'm trying:)
Just take small steps every day.
x x

marie1974
13-07-08, 21:40
hey that is brilliant news and im so pleased, little steps is the best way u will be just fine hun. u will get more confident as time goes on and the further u will go, im proud of u welldone xxxx

milly jones
13-07-08, 22:14
well those little steps will soon add up to a huge hike hunny, thats how it works,

so proud of u hun

milly xxx :)

Stressed92
15-07-08, 16:07
Thanks for the support:)
Didn't actually go to the park as it was raining but walked around the streets where I live instead and did it without panicking.
I'm gonna really try to just let my anxiety come and ignore it and hopefully things will get easier.
Amy
x x

diane07
15-07-08, 16:14
Aww amy,

That's brilliant news, well done, you must feel very proud with yourself. Well here's a bit of confidence for you, 5 weeks ago i was doing what you're are doing now, only now i can go to supermarkets, shopping centres, the lot. Keep doing it amy, you will get there.

best wishes

Di xx

Stressed92
15-07-08, 16:19
Thanks for the encouragement..your story really inspires me:)
Hope I do get better in 5 weeks:D LOl
Amy
x x

Southern_Belle
15-07-08, 19:27
Hi Amy,

I think you are doing great as you are pushing yourself out of your comfortable zone a little more each day. Be proud of yourself as you do this. You should take it a step at a time day by day and you will be surprised at how far you go! Well done.

Take care,

Laura

lorac
16-07-08, 09:53
Hi Amy

You should be really proud of your achievements well done. Little steps each day are the way forward, keep up the good work.

Carol

Stressed92
16-07-08, 10:13
Just wanted to update my success:)
I went out to staples last night and although I felt anxiuos, I got through it and was in there for about half an hour:D.
I'm going to the cinema tonight :huh: Hopefully it will be ok.
Will post again about it later.
Amy
x x

Stressed92
16-07-08, 19:19
I DID IT:D
I went to the cinema and didnt panic and actually enjoyed it:D
WOOOOOO
x

marie1974
16-07-08, 21:43
:yesyes: welldone hun, you are just doing so well, u r fighting this head on and thats the way to do it, you will beat this and come out of it even stronger as a person:hugs:

babes2008
16-07-08, 22:38
Wow you're progressing really well, well done you xx

Stressed92
18-07-08, 12:12
Update:D

I Went To A Small Supermarket Today And Was Ok, Will Maybe Go To A Bigger One Soon :huh:.

Thanks For All The Support Everyone:)

Amy
x

The Fool
23-07-08, 13:03
GO AMY!! :yahoo: GO AMY!!:yahoo: GO AMY!!!:yahoo: lol well done!!!:yesyes:

Lindalou64
24-07-08, 13:15
Well Done Amy , Keep Up The Good Work ........wish Ya Well........linda

beri
24-07-08, 13:52
hiya amy

well done hun you are doing so well!:yahoo:
you should be so pleased with yourself!keep up the good work!:bighug1:

jenny xxx

lorac
24-07-08, 15:04
Hi Amy

You are doing very well keep up the good work.

Carol

Stressed92
27-07-08, 18:21
Thanks Everyone For The Support:)
Have Started Counselling and Hope It Will help Me.
I Havent Really had Much Progress Recently Cos I Always Feel Anxious, but When Im Feelin Brave I Will be Back Out There Again:)
Amy
x

Stressed92
30-07-08, 09:12
Since starting my Counselling, I have forced myself to go out more to places where I dont like going. Such as walking through town, the library, walks in the lake district etc. I have also realised that even if I do feel anxiety symptoms, if I try to forget about them and carry on doing whatever I am doing, they eventually go away. I think if we all remember this and dont let our anxiety stop us having a life, then it might help us get rid of it. I'm not saying I'm cured, as I am far from it, but I am definately on the way. :yesyes:
Amy
x

The Fool
30-07-08, 10:59
WOOHHOO!!! yeh!! i told you you could do it!!! and you are yaaaaay!

dawny
30-07-08, 11:39
well done...keep up the hard work...its worth it.