PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks

Mr_Mustard
13-07-08, 23:12
Hi there folks, just registerd so thought I'd say a quick hello :)

I'm pretty new to all of this to be honest and these dreaded panic attacks have hit me quite late into lifes mysterious journey (I'm 42). Had my first one in April this year and quite a few since accompanied by lots of muscular aches and pains etc that my doctor can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for.

I really don't know what the original trigger was that started me off but I suppose deep down I've always been a worrier and have had some anxiety over a load of things but now I've got that extra worry of wondering when the next panic attack is going to strike!!

I'm so glad I found this site as it really is a great comfort to see it's not just me going through this and I feel better from just knowing the symptoms I'm having are shared by a lot of other poor people affected by this condition.

Great knowing there are a lot of you willing to help out there too and hope I'll soon be in a position to help others out as well.

Take care
Nigel

jill
14-07-08, 00:38
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome:to the site,

***I really don't know what the original trigger was that started me off but I suppose deep down I've always been a worrier and have had some anxiety over a load of things but now I've got that extra worry of wondering when the next panic attack is going to strike!! ****

It can be dame hard to find what was the casue to the first pa, I do belive that if you can find it, mmmm, but as I said, its not always visable, it helps us move on a little. I know it helped me. I was not happy in what I found, but past is past, the thing was, when joining this site, was, what to do next.

It sounds to me that if you have nooo stress in your life right now, what you are doing, is fearing the next panic, fear of panic, can bring on panic.

Please take time to read through this great site, (self help, first steps, how to cope) this is on the left hand side.

This site is a great place to be, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLLXXX

Cathy V
14-07-08, 00:47
Hi Nigel, welcome to nmp and to the wonderful world of panic! you'll get loads of support and soon be on the road to recovery.

Keep posting and we'll keep listening :)
Best wishes
Cathy xxx

kellie
14-07-08, 10:55
Hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry you are going through a rough time at the moment. keep posting as its good to talk about things and i realy hope we can be of some help to you. We also have a great chat room where you can talk to ppl about things or just have a giggle,so i hope to talk to you soon.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
14-07-08, 11:58
hiya nigel

a warm nmp welcome to u

pas are nasty, but together we support each other to conquer them and the anx :hugs:

love milly xx

Lindalou64
14-07-08, 14:06
Hello Nigel And Welcome ....wish Ya Well..........linda

weeble40
14-07-08, 19:35
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

nomorepanic
14-07-08, 19:48
Hi Nigel

:welcome: aboard.

Hope we can be of some help with your problems.

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 19:58
Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Mr_Mustard
14-07-08, 20:50
Thank you all for your kind words :) It's so good to know theres people here to talk to who understand the feelings which are so hard to explain to non sufferers.

Found out so much that I didn't understand from this site already!

Thanks

Nigel x

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:08
Hi Nigel and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)