PDA

View Full Version : I need help again

bananarbabe
26-04-05, 23:41
I've been posting on the message board more often because I'm at the point where the anxiety is becoming unmanagable. Here's what I've been going through so far:

1. I just had knee surgery last Friday and am recovering on my own since my family does not live nearby. My friends have not been helpful at all so I'm doing all this on my own.

2. I recently broke up with someone who I found out was cheating on me. My main concern is that he might have given me something. I went and got tested a few weeks ago an so far so good. But I'm still scared because sometimes it takes a little while for things to pop up

3. School is getting so overwhelming for me.

4. I'm in the process of trying to find a new job and I haven't had much time to work on it.

As far as symptoms, I'm having some nausea and stomach pains. Occasionally I'll get bouts of difficulty with breathing, twitching at night for no reason. But I feel like I'm hitting rock bottom real soon and I need some help. I have seen a therapist a while ago and things were fine but now I can't afford to see one and my insurance is not going to cover it. I'm so scared of my condition worsening and will do anything to make sure this doesn't happen.

sal
27-04-05, 00:10
Hi

Was good to talk to you in the chat room but sorry i didnt realise you were having such a hard time. I hope we can help you through this. Dont do it alone.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
27-04-05, 09:14
It sounds like you have a lot on at the moment. It's a shame that no one is helping you as you have just had surgery. Try to take it easy for a while because if you try to get all that done right now, you will just stress yourself out and feel worse..Hope it all works out for you!! :D

Meg
27-04-05, 09:48
Hi

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time but the 'good' thing is that you recognise the reasons for this.
It doesn't make the symptoms and feelings any easier but at least its for a good reason and not ' out of the blue' thus not scaring you even more.

So you recognise that at this point you need to take as good care of yourself as possible..

It's disappointing about your friends- maybe they don't feel competent to help or are not sure what they can do to help directly.

You sound very sensible and level headed about it all so by taking care of yourself and putting in place strategies to relieve the pressure like having got tested - talking to your tutors etc I think you can avoid getting any worse..

We are with you in spirit ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

bananarbabe
27-04-05, 18:25
Thanks Meg. I'm actually in the process of looking for a therapist that I can maybe see every other week or so. Just to help me get through this time.

Meg
27-04-05, 18:38
Thats a good plan ..

Let us know how you're getting along .

A student/junior counsellor still under supervision will be cheaper and you already know many of your issues so I'm sure would do fine with that.

You really need a 1:1 non judgemental offloading/venting and getting into persepctive and getting life inot some sort of order session rather than deep counselling.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

bananarbabe
28-04-05, 01:43
I was able to find an affordable clinic that will give me therapy sessions with a student/junior counselor for about $25 per session which is a reasonable price. I hope that working with one as well as posting on this board and reading my books will help me get things into perspective. All this worrying is so time consuming and my productivity is decreasing!

Meg
28-04-05, 09:23
Hi

I'm sure it will be .. Good luck and we're not going anywhere

What did you have done to your knee ?

Meg

bananarbabe
28-04-05, 19:18
I tore my ACL (one of the knee ligaments) on my left knee and had to have surgery.

One thing that happened to me today was I wanted to get out of my apartment so I went to the video store. While at the video store I started getting anxiety symptoms. I want to stop this now before it gets any worse but was wondering if you had any suggestions to help me do this.

seh1980
28-04-05, 19:23
Have you tried rescue remedy? You just spray it on your tongue and it really helps you calm down..:D

henri
28-04-05, 21:28
hi there,
hope you are recovering well from your operation.
rescue remedy really does help a lot. when i'm feeling a bit nervous about going out, and every time i have to get on the tube, i listen to music to help take my mind of the fact that i'm feeling nervous.
let us know how you are getting on,
henri x

sal
28-04-05, 23:45
Hi Mate

How is it going for you. Here if you want to talk and we are all here to support you mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.