PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

clareandjohn96
14-07-08, 08:42
hi there everyone, i have been taken prozac for 12 days now and dont think its working. I actually feel worse now than what i did before, im in constant panic, my bodys permantly trembling and i feel so weak. The doc said i would see an improvement in two weeks but i dont. I have been on prozac twice before and it seemed to work pretty quickly and cant remember ever feeling like this, although i was on it for depression and not anxiety. I am going out of my mind im so frightened that theres something wrong with me. I cant go to work or even out of the house by myself. I have had every symptom i can think of with my anxiety. I am so scared that i am not getting better. Has anybody else felt the same whilst taking prozac and is it normal for it to take longer than this to start working. PLEASE HELP!

karenb
14-07-08, 08:55
Hi there,

Sometimes these tables actually make you feel worse before you start feeling better. I know this because i was the same with citalopram.

It may be that this pill is the wrong one for you. If you are not happy with it go back to the GP.

Wishing you better real soon.

Karen xx
:hugs:

gradually_suddenly
14-07-08, 20:51
hi, my dr said the same thing but they are WRONG-prozac takes weeks, sometimes up to a couple of months to start having an effect. most people who have been on it will tell you this. i was on prozac last year from march-august and it wasnt until june or july that i really started to feel the benefits, but trust me it DOES work. i was on it for depression and have just started again but for anxiety as well this time. i remember it helped me react to things differently, and that, in turn, made me happy. just wish i had stayed on it instead of thinking 'ooh i'm fine now' and coming off it!

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 21:06
Hi,

I was first prescribed prozac for my anxiety and it sent me through the roof, my hands shook so badly I couldn't even hold a cup without shaking! I personally do not think it is the best med for anxiety, depression yes, anxiety no. I believe that nowadays it is mostly prescribed for depression. I agree that you should contact your doctor and at least tell them how you are feeling. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura