PDA

View Full Version : should I continue taking Cipralex?

DavidL
14-07-08, 09:14
Hi, I have been taking Cipralex for 3 weeks for anxiety. I have been suffering from anxiety for over 2 yrs but it just got worse with ever increasing panic attacks. My Dr put me on Cipralex. At first I suffered from nausea which lasted around 7 days and then began to stop, but now I am waking up with anxiety which is worse than before I started taking Cipralex. I also feel exhasted particulary in the mornings. Do these effects begin to go? Is it just a case of the drug kicking in in the next few weeks? Does anyone have any idea?

kellie
14-07-08, 10:50
Hiya David :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice and make some great friends along the way.
My hubbie was give those meds by his doc and he was warned that these may highten his anxiety at the start and to give them up to 8 wks to start working good for him. There may also be other side effects along with the hightened anx so hold on in there for a few more wks and see how they go.
If after the 8 wks your are still feeling worse then go talk to your doc about them as they may not suit you.
keep posting and talk to us about things and we will help as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
14-07-08, 19:38
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

nomorepanic
14-07-08, 19:44
Hi David

:welcome: aboard.

Yes the meds will make you feel worse before you feel better but they do not suit everyone so you have to give it some time before deciding whether to continue or not.

Hope we can be of some help anyway

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 19:56
Hi David,

Welcome to the site. My meds made me feel very ill at first and took a few weeks until I felt better. Everyone is different but I would give it some more time if this is the route you have chosen to try. Good luck.

Take care,

Laura

Lindalou64
15-07-08, 11:13
Hello David And Welcome ,,meds Can Make You Feel Worse Before Better......it Should Pass Soon Tho, If Not Speak With Ya Doctor About This,,,,,,,wish Ya Well,,,,linda

bab
15-07-08, 11:20
Hi There David

I am on week 3 of cipralex so we are prob feeling the same at the mo, im on 5mg going up to 10mg this weekend. My side effects are heighttened anxiety and extreme tiredness... what dosage are you on? I think we have to persevere for a while as I suppose we can always come off it - keep me posted and pm me if you like x

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:10
Hi David and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

dawny
16-07-08, 16:15
hi david,

i have been on cipralex 3 years....and yes, the side affects were awful, try and give them time and you will start to feel better....

good luck

dawnyx

milly jones
16-07-08, 18:29
hi hun im not on cipralex, but wanted to welcome u to nmp anyway

love milly xxx