PDA

View Full Version : So sick of this!!

Janey30
14-07-08, 14:39
Hello,
I have been suffering from Anxiety Disorder since 2001. I have had various symptoms (really bad headaces, numb tingley-ness in my legs and feet and depression) but have had jelly legs for the past year.
I was diagnosed in January and have been taking Citalopram since then. This has massively helped me mentally but I still have jelly legs.

It never seems to get better.

Has anyone got any advice on how I can possibly get rid of this symptom? I have an appointment with a psychiatrist at my local hospital this week but I am fast loosing hope of ever getting better!!

Thanks
Janey x

milly jones
14-07-08, 14:48
i see a psychiatrist, and she has helped me greatly.

she has changed my meds, but more importantly fast tracked psychdynamic therapy which i just dont think id have received certainly not within 3 weeks and not free on nhs.

think u just have to be truthful, positive and well motivated to manage anx with hosp help

milly xxx

candielee
14-07-08, 21:22
I just wanted to say that I have exactly the same problime I am too on citralopram, Have been taking it for a year or so.....It has helped with my depression but not with feeling like I am going to faint or jelly legs!

Your not the only one hun! Maybe it's time to try something else?

Take care

candie x

milly jones
14-07-08, 22:15
funnily enough citalopram works well on my anx but not as good on my depression, as the tricyclic lofepramine.

guess nothing will work 100% effectively cos our conditions so complex and all bodies different

just have to keep trying

milly xx