PDA

View Full Version : BiPolar/Panic Question

jenfromdenver
14-07-08, 15:51
I was originally diagnoses as being bi-polar, with my manic phases manifesting as anxiety/panic, and mild depression. I was then re-diagnosed as just having panic disorder, with the depression being a biproduct of dealing with the panic.

most antidepressant medications make me unbelievably anxious. i dont really have mood swings, but i will go days where I am incredably anxious and the slightest thing will send me into panic, followed by days where I am completely fine.

im concerned because lately ive been having some of the more typical bipolar symptoms, the irritability, irrational thoughts, etc. i've also been having crying spells and very dark, morbid thoughts.

im wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with panic and bipolar disorder, and has any insight into this?

i am going to doctor next week for a re-evaluation.

Hope 2
16-07-08, 00:56
Hey Jen

Sorry but I have no personal experience to offer you any advice from, but I would like to say good luck with the doctor's visit. Hope you get some clarity.

Best Wishes
Hope xx

Tinks_loves_pan
26-11-08, 18:12
I was originally diagnoses as being bi-polar, with my manic phases manifesting as anxiety/panic, and mild depression. I was then re-diagnosed as just having panic disorder, with the depression being a biproduct of dealing with the panic.

most antidepressant medications make me unbelievably anxious. i dont really have mood swings, but i will go days where I am incredably anxious and the slightest thing will send me into panic, followed by days where I am completely fine.

im concerned because lately ive been having some of the more typical bipolar symptoms, the irritability, irrational thoughts, etc. i've also been having crying spells and very dark, morbid thoughts.

im wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with panic and bipolar disorder, and has any insight into this?

i am going to doctor next week for a re-evaluation.
hi jenfromdenver, i am a bipola sufferer and have been for many years so do understand your anxiety and frustration however as bipolar disorder is a very complex disorder which manifests itself in many different ways it is difficult too say you are suffering this condition without having a a proper physciatric evaluation, as there are many other conditions that share some of the bipolar traits, so dont be alarmed tho its easier said than done and if you are diagnosed with bipolar disorder remember you arenot alone there are hundreds of thousands of people with this condition who live relatavly normal lives good luck and god bless