PDA

View Full Version : Lower jaw cramp, worried

precious78
14-07-08, 16:05
Hi all

My newest thing is that I keep getting cramping and pain in my lower jaw and sometimes in my chin. I'm really scared as I read somewhere a long time ago about a heart attack presenting in your jaw. ANy ideas for a 'normal' explanation for this as it's worrying me.

I am getting cramping in my hands and legs sometimes as well but it's the jaw thing that's worrying me the most.

Pudding
14-07-08, 16:30
Hi Precious

I get a lot of jaw paid which is mostly tension in my jaw because I clench in my sleep. The sort of pain that comes with a heart attack isn't really pain at all (I know because I've had a heart attack and had the jaw thing). It's more of a tingling and it makes your teeth tingle too but you would also have other symptoms with it so please don't worry about that. If you put your tongue very lightly between your teeth your jaw should be in a more relaxed position. Try to do this whenever you notice any pain and it should help. Hope this has been of some help to you!

Pudding

milly jones
14-07-08, 16:37
hi hun

i get alot of pain in my jaw and tongue from anxiety

i wear a mouthguard at night when im struggling

its tension hun, from holding ur jaw tight.

i try to drink plenty of water to increase my saliva flow and keep my mouth hydrated.

sometimes sucking non sugar sweets also helps

milly xx

precious78
15-07-08, 08:54
Thank you for your replies. I still have it today. It feels almost like the muscles in the front of my throat are too tight and too short! Like they're pulling and this is causing the pain in my chin which spreads along my jaw. It is rather uncomfortable.

katreneeg
15-07-08, 18:41
I have pain in my jaw often. I think it's because of tension caused by being anxious, stressed out, irritated. I try to open my jaw wide during the day to stretch it out and I also wear a nightguard while I sleep. I know of no other treatment. I don't think you are having signs of a heart attack, most likely stress is causing it.

precious78
16-07-08, 11:17
I have started worrying again now as I read it is symptom MS sufferers get. I found this innocently whilst reading through some other people who had experienced the same thing.

Right now its in my chin and makes my bottom teeth hurt. It's so distracting and if I open my mouth to chew or talk it gets worse.

I figure if it was my heart I would have known by now as I have had it since the weekend.

kellylorraine
16-07-08, 12:32
hia...i too suffer from this and ive had heart checks in the past as i have palpatations....i think its anxiety...although i suffer with my sinus's and it affects my jaw and my teeth...its always aching and it cracks alot!! but i just put it down to been tense..if your worried speak to your doctor.x