PDA

View Full Version : Head and neck pain/pressure

Jo3016
14-07-08, 16:37
Hi all

A couple of months ago, I caught a virus from my children which made me feel light headed and dizzy. The doctor said I had a dull eardrum (like glue ear). I also had a wisdom tooth partially extracted just before Christmas. The dentist had to leave part of it as it was impacted and I am having the rest out at a hospital in a few weeks. The dizziness came back for a while when I had bad hayfever symptoms but went when I started taking antihistamine.

Over the last couple of months, I have had times when it is fine and times when it all comes back again. When I get the dizziness spells, it really freaks me out and just makes it worse! A few days ago, it started to get really bad again. Everything looks bright and wierd, I have a sort of spinning vertigo feeling along with loud tinnitus in my left ear (where the wisdom tooth is) and a really strange pressure in my neck (like swollen glands) and sinuses. I don't have a cold but my sinuses ache under and above my eyes. They don't look swollen but they feel like they are. My eyes feel so tired and dry. I feel like my head is in a vice or something!! I keep thinking it must be a tumor or something. I haven't really had many headaches or nausea r anything but I read somewhere that tumors can cause wierd head sensations. I feel so strange. I just want to feel normal. I am so scared it is something in my brain. Help me please!!

lesleyB
14-07-08, 17:01
More likley to be related to the virus or the tooth and not a tumor or your brain. Have you tried any medication for your sinuses ask your pharmacist for help I am sure you'll be ok.:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:
Lesleyb