PDA

View Full Version : Strange feelings in head and neck

Jo3016
14-07-08, 16:50
Hi all

A couple of months ago, I caught a virus from my children which made me feel light headed and dizzy. The doctor said I had a dull eardrum (like glue ear). I also had a wisdom tooth partially extracted just before Christmas. The dentist had to leave part of it as it was impacted and I am having the rest out at a hospital in a few weeks. The dizziness came back for a while when I had bad hayfever symptoms but went when I started taking antihistamine.

Over the last couple of months, I have had times when it is fine and times when it all comes back again. When I get the dizziness spells, it really freaks me out and just makes it worse! A few days ago, it started to get really bad again. Everything looks bright and wierd, I have a sort of spinning vertigo feeling along with loud tinnitus in my left ear (where the wisdom tooth is) and a really strange pressure in my neck (like swollen glands) and sinuses. I don't have a cold but my sinuses ache under and above my eyes. They don't look swollen but they feel like they are. My eyes feel so tired and dry. I feel like my head is in a vice or something!! I keep thinking it must be a tumor or something. I haven't really had many headaches or nausea r anything but I read somewhere that tumors can cause wierd head sensations. I feel so strange. I just want to feel normal. I am so scared it is something in my brain. Help me please!!

marie1974
14-07-08, 19:22
hi jo cant really help u with your probs but i wanted to send u a hug and move your thread up cos people will reply hun its just sometimes alittle quiet but u will get some advice:bighug1:

lesleya
14-07-08, 19:31
Sorry hun i cant help either... have you maybe got an infection in your tooth?... have you asked your doc or dentist to check for you.
Hope it all gets better very soon for you...but i can send you a hug to maybe help you feel better xxx
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

berkshiregirl
15-07-08, 09:52
hi i totally sympathise with you, is a nasty horrible feeling, i am sure it has alot to do with your tooth i too suffer with terrible dizziness and i have 4 bad teeth on my right side, which causes constant wierd feelings in my face, the pressure you could be feeling could be tension where you are so worried and this also causes dizziness because you are extremly anxious about what it could be i hope it helpos a little to know you are not alon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tjrocks
15-07-08, 11:42
HI Jo

I to am new and suffer with these symptoms. They come and go and are here at the moment. dizziness, numbness, pain in the neck and head (one sided) tinnitus and pressure in the ear/neck/head. I also get scalp pain and tinggly feelings in the scalp to.

I have had a mri which was normal and had loads of blood tests which were also normal. My GP said it is down to the anxiety. He says because I am always anxious the muscles in my neck/head/back are tense and after a while that can lead to trapped nerves leading to the symptoms I described.

He said I have to look at my posture to and make sure if I am sitting for long periods of time to keep rotating my neck rouind.

This is my case but I would recommend you see your GP to get checked out and get a diognosis. Remember that serious problems are very rare.

Good luck :hugs: