PDA

View Full Version : hi - first time here

v3po
14-07-08, 18:30
hi, i just found this site - not sure if i'm having panic attacks but my cardiologist thinks so so I guess I'll acquiesce. Anyway it just started a few weeks ago but is happening aften - maybe every other day - sometimes I can ride them out (I'm trying right now) but I have plan b (xanax) in the car.

marie1974
14-07-08, 19:12
hiya and welcome to nmp u will find loads of great advice and support here and make new friends too hugs xx

weeble40
14-07-08, 19:34
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

milly jones
14-07-08, 19:45
hi v3po

big welcome to nmp

love milly xx :)

nomorepanic
14-07-08, 19:46
Hi v3po

:welcome: aboard.

Hope we can be of some help with your problems.

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 19:57
Hi v3po,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

v3po
14-07-08, 20:07
thanks - I'm feeling a bit better now. seems to come on in waves - i can feel my bp shooting up & pulse racing & tingly fingers first. since all my cardio tests came back normal it's not so scary anymore - just frustrating - there seems to be no concious panicy thoughts or fears - just out of nowhere here it comes and even though I can ride it out, I'm not getting much work done (obviously). Anyway, I'm a bit embarassed to ask my gp for more pills - she just gave me 2 weeks worth so I hope I can figure it out before I run out (oh great - something else to panic about)

kellie
15-07-08, 08:41
Hiya and :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here. you will get lots of support/advice/ reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

pooh
15-07-08, 09:20
HI
And welcome along to NMP!

Pooh x

lesleya
15-07-08, 11:02
Welcome....you will find lots of help and comfort here..good luck
:welcome:

Lindalou64
15-07-08, 11:08
Hello V3po And Welcome ....well See How Ya Feel At The End Of Script, Maybe Ya Doctor Can Refer You Too A Councelor Or Pshcyatrist ...wish Ya Well..........linda

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:08
Hi v3po and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

v3po
16-07-08, 16:21
I feel so stupid right now. I thought about it the other night and realized that the 'panic attacks' started just after I started taking amlodipine for my high blood pressure. my cardio put me on ramipril last week and suggested that I taper off the amlodipine so that I'm just taking 1 bp pill. I thought I'd wait for the 'panic attacks' to go away first as I was scarred that my bp would increase. Well - i'm down to 2.5mg amlodipne today from 7.5mg earlier this week and I feel so much better. No 'panic attacks' yesterday and feel great so far today. Problem is the symptoms of panic attacks are so similar to the side effects of bp medication.

Anyway hope this is it and I can stop worrying about it.