PDA

View Full Version : Hi I just found this site

candielee
14-07-08, 19:31
Hi everyone.

Here,s whats been happening to me

I have started a new job and have started having panick attacks where I feel really faint and like I can,t breath.....I try and listen to music or read a magazine but It doesn,t really work as I just feel like I am on the verge of fainting all the time...

I know It,s Panick because I only get it on the way to work....Not really on the way back,at the weekdns or when I am with other people.

When I am on the train and bus in the mornings I see everyone else being normal and that freaks me out even more...I get more panicky when I get to my stop for work because there are 3 main roads and I am scared I am gonna pass out when I go to cross them, It,s also the fact that I know I am nearly at work and I feel like it,s gonna happen any seconed

I really like my job and I am lucky to have started it, but this is runing everything! :(

Does anyone else get this?

candie x

weeble40
14-07-08, 19:33
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

candielee
14-07-08, 19:35
thanks you too :)

nomorepanic
14-07-08, 19:47
Hi Candie

:welcome: aboard.

Hope we can be of some help with your problems.

You have what I would call situational panic - you are expecting to panic in that situation so you do!

You have to change those thoughts and don't allow the panic to take over in the situation.

It isn't easy but can be done in time

candielee
14-07-08, 19:50
Thankyou.

I was really nervous about posint something on here and I have been to the doctor but they were useless.....

I know It's turning into a big problim and I am really scared I wont beat it....Thanks for your kind words :) xxx

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 19:59
Hi Candie,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
14-07-08, 20:27
hi candie

a warm nmp welcome to u

love milly xx

Cathy V
14-07-08, 22:22
Hi candie,welcome to nmp. Did the panics start the first day with the new job? did anything trigger them that you know of? Has this route that you take to work been a problem before? what is it about the route...and why dont you feel the same way going home, do you get a lift or go a different way hoe? might help just to examine ehat it is about the mornings!

Cathy xxx :)

candielee
15-07-08, 09:16
I have had panick attacks on and off for years now...I have to get a bus and a train here.....

I think I am ok going home because I know I am going home....thing is I like my new job I really don,t get it......I stayed calm this morning though, I find this site has really helped me alot and I only joined last nite.......

thanks for your reply to my post :) xxx

pooh
15-07-08, 09:19
HI And welcome along to NMP!

Pooh x

Lindalou64
15-07-08, 11:10
Hello Candie And Welcome....wish Ya Well.........linda

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:09
Hi Candie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

london
12-08-08, 13:36
welcome to a londoner

lorac
12-08-08, 13:44
Hello Candie

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of support and good advice on here.

Take care

Carol

jill
12-08-08, 14:44
Hi Candie :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site,

You are among people who understand, what you are going and how you feel, YOU ARE NOT alone, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX