PDA

View Full Version : Sore Aching Eye - worried

fairyloveheart
14-07-08, 21:42
My eye is feeling very strange. In the right corner of my right eye, it feels as if it is bruised almost, it aches and hurts if you lightly touch it, I've looked in the mirror but can't see anything different.

If I Move my eye to the right, it hurts too, aches.

I'm worried something has gotten detached that shouldn't have?:weep: :weep:

nomorepanic
14-07-08, 21:52
Could it be a stye coming up?

Cathy V
14-07-08, 21:54
Hi fairy, no nothing will be detached honest. Although you do know that eyes are only connected at the back? coz when the docs do anything medically...a small op or some procedure they can move the eye out of its socket onto your cheek...this you know right? so from that point of view your eye is not entirely 'attached' so cant become 'detached' if you see what i mean :wacko:

If you are thinking about a detached retina then this is something that happens at the front of the eye but 'within' not on the outside, or in the cormers. maybe youve irritated it somehow? if it goes on just ask the doc or an optician to check it out.

cathy xxx :)

marie1974
14-07-08, 22:27
hiya hun, nicola could be right as i too think it could be a stye and they are quite painful but not serious please dont worry xxx

fairyloveheart
15-07-08, 09:30
Thanks guys. Are Styes contagious as I think my hubby has has one over the past week?

Cathy V
15-07-08, 09:41
Ive never had on but have heard that they can be passed on...dont you have to use different towells etc if someone in the family has one?