PDA

View Full Version : Love At First Sight?

pooh
15-07-08, 09:17
I'm curious?

Does anyone believe in love at first sight?

jill
15-07-08, 09:52
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I voted NO, the reason for this is, I have always thought, never judge a book by its cover.

You can meet someone, take a instent dislike, but when you get to know them more, there not as bad as you think, sooo I feel its the same about love, you can meet someone, who feel you love them, but get to know them in time and that person was not what you thought.

I feel, that love comes with time, not only loving them for there good points, but there bad points too, I feel you cannot know someone with a first glance, you cannot know how you feel about someone, untill you have know them for along time. LOVE comes with time.

LOVE to me is a big word, it is shown, with little deeds of kindness, being there for each other through thick and thin. Love is a seed, you can plant it at first sight, but if the seed is not feed with, kindness, compassion, helpfullness understand of each other, ohhh and many other little things, it will die, so for me, love grows.

LOVE is a big word and means different things for different people.

Ohhh, thats my thoughts I know other people may think different.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

pooh
15-07-08, 10:19
I agree Jill I voted no too LOL

Cathy V
15-07-08, 10:21
Good one pooh, and i voted yes because although ive never had that strong feeling at first sight myself, i know it happens.

My son-in-law said he knew he wanted to marry my daughter Jo on their first date, he has always said he loved her the first time he saw her at a christmas party in their local pub....and she was dressed as a christmas tree! Theyve been married for 8 years and have 2 wondeful boys.

In Spanish: Hoy Te Quiero mas que ayer, pero menos que manyana
In English: Today i love you more than yesterday, but less than tomorrow

(Sorry theres no spanish letter 'enya' on this german keyboard so couldnt put the ~ into manana!) :D

milly jones
15-07-08, 10:22
i think u can look into someones eyes and know

what an old romantic i am lol

pooh
15-07-08, 10:42
maybe im just a romantic cynic LOL

Lou~Lou
15-07-08, 10:53
I fell in love with my hubby at first sight 16 years ago and we are still very much in love. We met and married within a year. Our eyes met across a crowded market and bang! It does happen, I do believe in it most definately.

tracy1972
15-07-08, 10:59
sorry i belive in it saw my huby when i was 13 and still with him now and love him loads more now i am 35 no laughing lol:bighug1:

DrGreenThumb
15-07-08, 11:28

marie1974
15-07-08, 11:29
i voted no as i think it takes time, lust at first sight YES

Tom_M
15-07-08, 11:42
Depends on what you mean by love. From a sexual point of view, you can fall in love with some straight away. But that kind of love is only short term. The deeper kind of love, I think, is something that grows with time.

Tom

Zingara
15-07-08, 15:21
I do, actually, but it wasn't that way with me and my fella... I only saw him as a friend for the first four years that I knew him...it was one of those friendships that turn into something more. xxx

The Fool
15-07-08, 16:32
absolutly! and destiny :wub:

pooh
15-07-08, 18:00
MY present boyfriend (whom i love dearly) was someone I met through work. I had an insatnt positive gut reaction to him, I liked him immediately, I thought he had really snoggable lips lol But I still don't believe in love at first sight. How can you love someone you barely know? That's why i believe in instant attraction and lust but love takes a little time.
But clearly I am in the minority you bunch of romantics you! lol
So come on own up who has the biggest Mills n Boon collection LOL LOL

Pooh x

kate
15-07-08, 18:36
Hmmm I definately believe in lust at first sight :D:ohmy::blush:

Kate

pooh
15-07-08, 22:57
LOl Kate

eeyorelover
16-07-08, 01:03
I met Jerry while I was dating someone else. When I first saw him I knew instanting that we would end up together. We became great friends but because I was dating someone else that is all we were.
Then my boyfriend and I broke up and I went looking for Jerry. I found out that he was living with a woman who was a real prize (that's sarcasm folks! hehe).
So I broke her nose and took Jerry home with me.
I was 19 don't think too badly of me!!!
We've been together 20 years and I love him more every day!

Yes I definitely believe in love at first sight!!!
:)

belle
16-07-08, 10:34
If you think you have experienced "Love at first sight" the majority of the time reality will set in sooner or later.

Been there, done that, made the mistake and married him...lol

I voted no.

Hope 2
18-07-08, 14:16
Hey Pooh/All

Once upon a time lol.......no, really...... in the past I would have said YES other times I would have said NO. Now I am all growed up pmsl........let's see. Hmmm.

I would say yes. This is based on my own experience. I said Yes because when I met my other half I had this whack in the chest that said OMG. And no you randy devils, it wasn't a 'Meg Ryan' moment.

Basically from that first meet I felt this overwhelming sense of this is so right. My gut feeling said.....I wanna be with this man. He was so not my usual type either. So I went with my gut feeling and despite testing him to the limit, that was 12 yrs ago..... and we still feel that bond. And you know the best part..........he felt the same from day one too, and that's the biggest compliment I have ever had. He is the only man who has never used me or let me down.

Hope xx

nanny
18-07-08, 15:33
I voted no, reason being you can fancy someone and they can be right pigs! Thats lust at first sight not love:blush:

I think it takes time to fall in love, you have to learn what a person is like then gradually without knowing it you fall in love with them.
Thats only my opinion though:)

beri
18-07-08, 16:23
i voted no.....
i think sometimes you can think you love some one when you first see them but i dont really believe you can love them until you get to know them.

jenixxxxxxxx:)

Franz
18-07-08, 18:58
I've no experience of love, at first sight or otherwise, but I think LAFS does happen. On the other hand it is easy to be wrong as well. You see /something/ important when your eyes meet another person's, but not /everything/ that's important.

Southern_Belle
19-07-08, 15:37
I do believe in love at first sight. Saying that though, I think the staying power of a relationship is to first be friends then go from there.

Laura xxx

The Fool
19-07-08, 18:41
i voted yes becuase i think you can sort of no when you see someone how you feel and then as you get to know them you homefully will you no fall IN love with them.ive never experienced love at first sight.i dont think so anyway.

The Fool
23-07-08, 12:03
actaully i dont no what im talking about lol i have experienced love at first sight only once though lol i was like 4 though and i actually still feel that way about the person of course a hell of alot more than i did when i was 4 as i dont think you really no what it is at that age.but yeh so love at first sight is real and can last for a loooooooong time.its alot better if you no the other person feels the same though.

diane07
23-07-08, 12:16
i voted no, as i thought i'd fallen in love twice, when it wasn't love it was lust as they were both hunks, it was only when time went on that i realised they actually weren't very nice, i think love goes much deeper, you can love someone but not actually be in love with them

di xx

positiveness
23-07-08, 12:28
I vote yes. I met someone a couple of years and we clicked instantly. We were attracted to each other and had the same interests. However after 7 months I broke our relationship off. It hurt me a lot. He is a very intelligent man but he couldn't avoid making risque remarks. This made me extremely embarrased infront of my family. It broke my heart, but I had no right to ask him to change. He has now married. I am happy for him but for myself I am heart broken and still get an ache in my chest thinking about him. I see, read and hear of things that I know will interest him, and would love to share them. I have to hold back even from emailing him as a friend. It would be wrong.

I am no spring chicken at 59 and have never felt this way before, ever.

Jaco45er
10-08-08, 16:18
Oi Pooh, cut out the soppy polls ;)

kendo59
12-08-08, 01:05
I believe in LUST at first sight.

Love comes after you get to know someone.

Wolfie
12-08-08, 02:07
Hmmm...I voted no.

I think I believe in lust at first sight, but I think love doesn't just happen automatically, as Pooh said, you can have instant attraction, but I think, absolutely knowing for sure that you love this person creeps up unexpectedly - after you get to know the person..kind of like...one day, BANG, you just know you love them. I believe that love comes from loving the person, not just seeing them. Well, that's my experience lol.

The Fool
13-08-08, 14:15
ok i have commented on this SO many times lol but i dont really no what i think anymore.if i could vote again i think i might have changed my vote to no because you can never be sure if you have experienced it or not its hard to tell

bab
13-08-08, 15:21
I voted no - I think you can fancy someone and like the look of them immediately but you need to spend time with someone to know the real person and to fall in love with that person

Granny Primark
13-08-08, 22:09
I voted yes. Cus the moment i set eyes on George Clooney I knew that it was true love.

pooh
13-08-08, 23:44
what are you like GP???!!!!! olmao

Jaco45er
16-08-08, 08:25
I know GP, George never shut's up about you ;)

IrishPrincess
21-08-08, 16:54
I voted yes,I just knew when i met my fella that he was special(corny i know):blush: but he's says he knew too,that was nearly 10 years ago when we were 16/17.We've been together ever since.

celeste
21-08-08, 18:21
I voted yes...as a newly 'inlove' person. I met my man 11 weeks ago today & we both confess to love at first sight. He is the most fantastic man & has even sat through a panic attack with me & not run a mile! :D We both think we will be together forever :hugs:

crimson
25-08-08, 12:30
Definately do. Met my hubby 11 yrs ago. We just knew it was a forever thing. We been married 10 yrs in Oct. Been thru loads together and we are perfect for each other. First time i met him we were at a festie, he walked up to me and said 'i may never see you again so i had to tell you, you're the most beautiful woman in the world!!!!!!!!!!!' Bit corny but there you go instant lurve

nickieb
16-09-08, 22:31
I voted yes!!

Despite this i do think love can sometimes be confused with lust so who knows, i am yet to experience love at first sight despite thinking it is when i have seen a hotty in sainsburys.

its all good
16-09-08, 22:43
I voted no. I think there is such a thing as lust at first site but not love. I think that love is very precious and u have to spend time with someone and get to know them first:) xx

ade
17-09-08, 10:35
maybe not first sight but i fell in love with my wife at first cuddle!
she put her arms around me and the warmth and love i felt
was life enhancing and we have been together since she was 17
and have 2 beautiful girls and we are in our 10th yr:yesyes:

richieshealth
26-09-08, 22:56
I think sometimes sparks can fly, two people can have instant chemistry between themselves as though no one else exists around them. I think it one of life's unsolved mysteries. Will it last and is it "Love" simple answer NO, its what it is....:shrug:

flymo9
02-12-08, 09:11
u can think it love at 1st sight but i think its more a case of lust at first sight with love at the back of ur mind tee hee

MessedUp
02-12-08, 12:30
People who believe in love at first sight need to learn the difference between attraction and love. This will usually happen the hard and painful way :)

Intense attraction at first sight, maybe. Love comes from knowing someone, after the initial excitement phase is over.

But hey, that sounds boring to the instant gratification crowd!

Cherbear
02-12-08, 21:59
No, I don't think what people feel when they first meet someone can be love. Like messedup said it's attraction or lust or intrigue but I think love is something that develops over some time. I don't think you can love someone without knowing them inside. That is just my opinion though, I am a complete soppy romantic and love my boyfriend more than I could ever describe but it happened over time and it feels more amazing now than ever!

xx

Ross
08-02-09, 00:31
I voted YES.

Now, I don't think it is possible to 'Love' someone on first sight, but it is very much possible to have such an attraction to someone that you just know you will inevitably fall in Love.

Granny Primark
08-02-09, 10:51
Aww Ross you are getting all soppy. How sweet.:D
Now will someone fetch me a sick bucket.:roflmao: :winks:

magpie girl
26-06-09, 22:20
i voted yes,i new when i met my partner he was my soulmate

Deepest Blue
27-06-09, 10:34
I think it's possible, I think it depends how easily you can fall in love in the first place. I think it's maybe made easier if you sense the person you are falling in love with someone feels the same way then you have the confidence to open your heart knowing that you have a high chance of not being rejected.