PDA

View Full Version : propranolol

dawny
15-07-08, 10:25
hi,

been prescribed propranolol for anxiety....which is sky high.

can anyone please tell me there experiences of the med, nothing too scary x

many thanks dawny xxxxxx

Lou~Lou
15-07-08, 10:32
Hi Dawny I too take Propranolol and have had no ill effects.

The only side effect ive had are very vivid dreams. Dont worry about taking them,they do work!

Good luck.

Louisa

shortstuff
15-07-08, 21:24
I was prescribed Propranolol for Panic Disorder 2 months ago, and they were wonderful. The first week was rough and I had a range of side effects (dry mouth, increased anxiety, dizziness and feeling 'not there') BUT it was worth it. The side effects vanished fairly quickly as my body adapted and I was really pleased that I'd stuck it out.

Unfortunately, I've been taken off them as they have caused breathing difficulties (GP thinks a combination of Hayfever and Propranolol caused this).

Good luck, and don't worry. Remember, all medication takes time to adjust to, so give it a fair shot :winks:

lorac
16-07-08, 09:47
Hi Dawny

I was on propranalol for a couple of years didn't get many bad side effects it just made my head feel a bit muzzy and I used to get vivid dreams and it made me feel a bit tired. Hope it improves things for you.

Carol

tracy1972
16-07-08, 09:52
hi i am to on propananol and not had side effects as such bit drowsy but nothing drastic and they soon went i to have hayfever and have had no breathing difficulties with as suggested by someone else so effects diffeent people different ways propananol is the first tablet i reach for to calm me down and they work. but everyone is different.:yesyes:

dawny
16-07-08, 10:41
thanks everyone,

will carry on with them.....need something...lol

love and cuddles dawny x

noonoo
17-07-08, 00:51
I occasionally feel sick, dizzy and like i'm 'not there'. It doesn't last long though.

xxx