PDA

View Full Version : What Can I do To help?

Shady
15-07-08, 11:15
Hi All,

I will start by saying that I am not a sufferer myself, but my partner is. I am here to find out as much as I can about his condition (for want of a better word). I am not sure what he has but I believe it is a combination of anxiety and depression. He suffers heart palpitations, he has trouble relaxing, gets agitated over small things, is always tired, and worries about everything.

I need to help him, but at the same time I dont want to make things worse. I try to make things as relaxed as possible, I also try to make things 'normal' even though they already are 'normal'. As you can see I am very confused and need help to be able to help him.

Any help, advice, anything anyone can tell me I will be grateful for.

thank you

:confused:

marie1974
15-07-08, 11:30
hiya and welcome to nmp, well u will get loads of advice and support here and make some new friends too hugs xxxxx

Cathy V
15-07-08, 11:36
Hi Shady and welcome to nmp. You're obviously a caring person and well done for taking this step to try to help you chap. Theres loads of information on the forum about anxiety and depression, and about medication also. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :)

milly jones
15-07-08, 13:27
hi shady

i suffer with anx.

my hb boomer, also is on nmp to try and gain an insight to the illness

hope u can meet up with him soon in forum or chat and talk together

love milly xx

Southern_Belle
15-07-08, 14:59
Hi Shady,

Welcome to the site. We support carers too. Here are some links you may want to read. Hopefully, in time, your husband may want to visit the site too.

Take care,

Laura

http://www.panicfree.co.uk/ (http://www.panicfree.co.uk/)
http://www.iampanicked.com/anxiety

Divinely Desolate
15-07-08, 18:20
Hi Shady & welcome! :) just remember to be comforting and helpful during a anxiety episode, assurance is one thing that really helps us sufferers so as long as he knows your their for him, he'll be ok! :yesyes:

nomorepanic
15-07-08, 22:39
Hi Shady

Just wanted to say hi and :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you both

kellie
16-07-08, 10:33
Hiya Hun :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great freinds along the way. You will find many ppl here who understand how you and your b/f are feeling. You dont say how old your fella is and what life style he is leading and you dont have to hun but certain things we do can add to our anx big time. I also understand how down hearting and confuseing it can be trying to understand when some one is suffering with anx when you dont suffer yourself, so a big well done to you for trying to understand and help as much as you can. Keep posting and we will help as much as we can

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:14
Hi Shady and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

weeble40
16-07-08, 16:39
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 11:56
Hello Shady And Welcome , Its Good To See How You Wanna Know More About This Disorder.....i Wish You And Ya Hubby Well.........linda