PDA

View Full Version : Spaced or Spaced out

decca
15-07-08, 12:52
Hi,
Sorry to show my ignorance but I've read the expresion "feeling spaced or spaced out" on here quite a lot can somebody please explain what is meant by it.
Thanks
Decca.

Cathy V
15-07-08, 13:16
Hiya dec, probably everyone would give you a different description of it but feeling spaced out for me is like my head feels very light, and when i turn it, it feels like my eyes take a while to catch up....:scared15:

Im hopless with meds for this reason, and even strong painkillers make me feel whoozy (now you're gonna ask me what whoozy means arebt ya :D )

jill
15-07-08, 13:30
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

Cathy is right, many people use this word, it a word regarding on how there head feels and regarding on who replies, there will be different symptoms.

To me, the word spaced means, what I would do was, when someone was talking to me, I would star into space, I could not hear what they were saying, my mind would drift, I fouind it hard to bring myself back whoever was talking to me would have to nudge me.

Spaced out means to me, not feeling of this world, the feeling of not being here, not sure how I was feeling, just drifting, going along doing things but my mind is else where. Mostly worrying about my feelings.

I have allso had the head feeling light, the feeling like your head is floating, you feel spaced like on drugs, ohhh not that I have ever been on any, but when you see films showing people through there eyes when on drugs, thats how it looked, I felt spaced out, as if on something, but of course, I was not, all Mrs anxiety trying to scare me.

Ohh I am not very good at explaining things LOL

I am sure other people will pop along.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

jenfromdenver
15-07-08, 16:18
kinda lightheaded, trouble focusing, monkey mind or no mind, very distractable.

im very spaced out today. i had to dial a phone number seriously 5 times because i couldnt make it work. its very annoying and frustrating. HELLO BRAIN!! WAKE UP PLEASE!! or maybe not, cuz this is marginally better then panic :)

decca
15-07-08, 17:03
Ahhh right , got it now, thanks guys.

Ehhhhhhhh - wots woozy mean ?

Naaaa only jokin . lol. :yahoo:

Decca

milly jones
15-07-08, 17:22
for me its a bit like that heady stage of getting drunk when ur light headed and everything is slowed up. not the giggly bit but the bit when u realise ur not fully in control and the floor feels bouncy and uneven.

gosh this is hard to explain lol

also ur brain is fuzzy and thoughts dont seem to gel properly. a bit like being asleep but awake, that snoozy stage.

i feel that the world goes on around me, despite me, and im just watching it, with no interaction

milly xx