PDA

View Full Version : arrrggghh panic!!!

bluesparkle
15-07-08, 14:00
my youngest (13)goes into hospital tomorrow for her pre-op appointment and then in on thur for an operation on her ears. . .
when i first heard i suddenly felt so alone then that passed in a matter of hours.
we got the date last week and since then i have been busy organising work , other kids , house etc. . . all has been fine.
i do not like hospitals but have had to go alone with my son last year and coped (but he was admitted without warning).
i know i will have to drive (hosp about an hour away) twice a day and i know it will be long days thought i was prepared for that.
ive bought things for my daughter and today packed them,
but now i feel so ill, it started with "jelly" legs, anxiety, and now i feel sick . . . i want to cry but i cant i must be strong, i am worried i may be ill but deep down i know its mr anxiety playing up.
my daughter suffers from anxiety/panic herself so i need to be strong.
i so wanted to leave posting until it was over and add to my success stories but i really need some support please.
rach
x

milly jones
15-07-08, 14:46
rach hun

altho u feel anx now ive found that in times of need the adrenaline gets used to support ur family, to protect them, and its only afterwards that u realise what uve achieved.

it will all be ok and we look forward to ur success post soon

hugs milly xxx

mothermac
15-07-08, 18:03
Hi Blueparkle
I am sure you and your daughter will be fine,nobody likes hospitals and I think it's the fear of the unknown thats the problem.We don't really know what the outcome will be half the time so our little anxious minds play tricks on us. My daughter is 5 and she has been to hospital on a few occasions regarding constipation and a lazy eye. Each time my husband seemed to take control because I felt really panicky and tended to be on the sidelines a little. Your daughter is 13 and I am sure she will cope admirably as will you you just don't know it yet.
I send you a big hug(and your daughter) and will be thinking of you both tomorrow. Good luck!

bluesparkle
15-07-08, 22:50
thank you both :)
rach
x

nomorepanic
15-07-08, 22:54
Rach

Be strong ok and I know you are.

You can do this we know you can

Good luck and loads of hugs and support too.

xxx

Tom_M
15-07-08, 23:25
Don't let the panic boss you about Rach. Get angry with it and put it in it's place. You can do it, you know you can, so stop worrying. And stop any negative thoughts of not being able to cope.

Best of luck,
Tom

diane07
16-07-08, 00:42
Aww hun,

I've been there and done this,
When its your kids its so hard, you not only feel their anx but then you have to deal with your own. I sobbed so much when mine went in to hospital, but hey you will get through it, you're in the best place if you have a pa, believe me, i've worked in most of the hospitals in my area at some time, what i did is tell them what i suffered with and they were so understanding and reassured me my little ones were going to be okay.

keep us informed

Best wishes
Di xx

bluesparkle
16-07-08, 07:23
thnak you so much for your words of reasurance
just getting ready to go now. . .
yes i think i will be brave and tell them if i can.
i have told mr anxiety i am going no matter what so its up to him if he comes or not so he seems a little quieter now im just tearful.
before i would have got someone else to do it but im on my own now so i have to do this.
thank you so much
i think im back tonight and then we go up again for 7am in morn.
rach
x