PDA

View Full Version : hello from the US

VG30_S12
15-07-08, 18:40
figgured id make my self known... my name is tim and im hailing from across the pond for some of you. Im a 24yo guy that has recently had my life turned around on me... but ill try and go into that later

Ive got one lovely wife, married for 4years, and two munchkins named timmothy and mathew, ages 3 and 1.

as far as my "Possiable Illnesses" im not 100% sure, as I've not been evaluated by a professional, but i'm defenatly suffering from panic attacks, possiably panic disorder... ive been suffering since i was 7ish, maybe younger... I really didnt know what it was and offten passed it off as somthing else, like having to use the bathroom and soforth. sometimes it would scare me to go to bed out of fear of a panic attack.

The periods where the attacks would frequent would come and go, for instance I might go a month or two without having one and then one or two weeks i would have a few, butup untill last week, i now i feel as though ive lost intrest in EVERYTHING, my stoumic is constantly bleh(hurting, feeling gassy,nasuea, ect) and the fear of another attack is constant, nomatter were or when... thats never happend to me before...
so far i just feel generaly scared 90% of the time now...

so I went searching for panic attacks and found the wiki site and found a bit of information, thus my conclusion of my ailment, but there may somthing else wrong, I dunno, I feel like im loosing my mind and that theres no help for me...

I'm hoping that maybe I can find some peice of mind and have my life returned to me
anyway, cheers ;)

milly jones
15-07-08, 18:54
hi tim wife and munchkins

welcome to nmp

its great here and im sure ull find peace of mind

theres loads ppl from the states too

im from wales lol

milly xxxxx

Southern_Belle
15-07-08, 19:04
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the site. Many here understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Cathy V
15-07-08, 20:49
Hi Tim, a big welcome to nmp :welcome:

Small steps and you#ll make it with our help.
best wishes
Cathy xxx

VG30_S12
15-07-08, 21:42
thanks for the support guys, but i must ask, where should i start to recovery?

i read the page First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)
but ive still got no clear idea on where to go... probably the wrong place to ask but i dont want to make a bunch of useless posts in the main forum...

Cathy V
15-07-08, 21:47
Hi again, you can post anywhere on the forum really and someone will always try to answer your questions. I dont think ppl are too bothered what catagory your posts come through to, they all come into the same place and everyone can see them. Your thread titles will let ppl know what your post is about so dont worry, youre doing fine :D

Hope you're feeling ok today.
Cathy xxx

nomorepanic
15-07-08, 22:33
Hi Tim

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

VG30_S12
16-07-08, 05:05
agian, thanks but im still alittle confused,

I was wondering on what I should do next... while professional help would probably be Ideal, and not that the services are not worth the money asked, but paying $100 per 50min sessions is somthing thats alittle out of my reach... I thought of looking at herbal remedies, but not sure... and ofcourse i cant go and perscribe myself some meds... and i'd rather stay away from them, unless they could actualy work for me...

ive got tons of theories, but only best guesses... is there any hope of me being able to overcome this without the help of a professional or serious meds? or will i do more harm then good?

thanks for the kind words... other than me not sleeping much, not eating much and my stomach trying to eat itself, and the constant fear, im ok

well, thats alittle dark, but im trying everything i know to fight it... I know Ill be alright eventualy...

jesse08
16-07-08, 08:06
Hi there, glad you have found NMP. It's great for support and it's open 24/7 no matter where you live.

kellie
16-07-08, 08:55
Hiya Hun :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great freinds along the way. it sounds to me like your anx/panic has turned itself into GAD ( Generalised anx disorder).
i would start by talking to your doctor about how you feel and see what help he offers you
then look at your diet and drink intake
Too much caffine will stimulate your brain and send your adrenalin into over drive.
take some form of exercise EVERYDAY and when you are feeling quite anx your need to distract yourself
Sitting around and wondering what is going on wont help, you need to get up and find something to do. have a regular routine for getting up and going to bed, you need to reteach your body to relax.
between here and your doc you should be able to achive this but it may take time, beating anx aint and over night job it can take time and a lot of effort.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:13
Hi Tim and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

weeble40
16-07-08, 16:41
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 11:51
Hello Tim And Welcome To The Site .have You Ever Read Any Self Help Books Ect.....maybe You Can Give That A Go....just Know This Does Get Better .....wish Ya Well........linda