PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

babes2008
16-07-08, 10:45
Hello everyone, not sure where to post this exactly as i'm not sure if it's anxiety/ocd or perhaps a little of both :lac:.

This all started when i was having problems with my teeth (severe toothache which as now thankfully been sorted), since then i keep feeling the need to check my tooth and worry that a particular tooth (one which sets back to the rest, under a fang) is going to become loose. I've been to the dentist a few days back and explained this to him and he checked it and said it feels pretty solid and it isn't loose so why am i feeling this dreaded panic and becoming anxious? I checked it physically with my fingers for weeks which made me think it was ocd, but i've lessened down with that now, thank god and think it stems from me being/feeling anxious. Like for example if i have a disagreement with my bf or feel tension in general settings it makes me have this dreading feeling all over again.

Sorry if this post is a bit jumbled, was just trying to "let it all out". As anyone got any tips for how to deal with this? Tried and tested methods? I'm 23 years old, a normal girl who should be enjoying life, not fearing the feeling of anxiety. This is the first time anything like this as happened so have had no previous experience in dealing with this feelings/thoughts.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Babes xx

(Posted in General Anxiety too as feel it's a mixture of both).

babes2008
16-07-08, 14:22
Also my wisdom teeth are still coming through, do you think it could be connected to that?

jasonequalsfun
16-07-08, 20:51
My wisdom teeth are coming in and driving me NUTS. That could be contributing to whats going on.

babes2008
16-07-08, 21:28
My wisdom teeth are coming in and driving me NUTS. That could be contributing to whats going on.

Thanks for your reply Jason, that's interesting to hear. How do you feel exactly?

babes2008
16-07-08, 22:57
Anyone??

tina40
17-07-08, 04:02
Tried and tested methods? Tooth sticks and dental floss, of course.... then you needn't worry unless you overdo it.

babes2008
17-07-08, 08:49
Tried and tested methods? Tooth sticks and dental floss, of course.... then you needn't worry unless you overdo it.

What do you mean exactly Tina? I already take good care of my teeth, do you mean using those to "check" things? If anything i think the best thing i can do is do my normal routine in which anyone would do of cleaning the teeth then stop the feeling of keep on feeling the need to check and to control the anxiety.

x