PDA

View Full Version : Howdy =] im new...so a bit about me

emmalou08
16-07-08, 13:09
Hi im Emma, and im 18 i've been looking for a website like this for a while, for past 3 weeks i've been suffering from anxeity. i know it dosnt seem long but it seems like the worst 3 weeks of my life, luckily my mum suffered from anxiety so she has been able to help me slightly. I start counselling on thursday as i have a immense fear of death and being on my own. I have being taking herbel remedies and my mum took me to the docs who gave me propranolol which just slowed my heart down but didnt do anything for the way i was feeling, currently on fluanxol, which seem to be helping alot with the way i feel, but not allowed them for more than 2 weeks, im worried about stopping them and going back to the way i felt. as i just feel so well now.

Any way thats my intro =]

Emma

tracy1972
16-07-08, 13:22
:welcome: hi you will find a lot of helpful people and advice from here hope you enjoy the site

milly jones
16-07-08, 13:39
welcome emma

lovely that u decided to join us

love milly xx

babes2008
16-07-08, 13:54
Hello Emma and welcome to the site x

kellie
16-07-08, 14:58
Hiya, :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
16-07-08, 15:59
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

my name is Emma also. I to am afrid of dying, but be something in the name lol

Emma xxx

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:17
Hi Emma and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 12:00
Hello Emma And Welcome To The Site ....wish Ya Well......linda

Southern_Belle
18-07-08, 15:24
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 21:09
Hi Emma

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

lorac
18-07-08, 21:48
Hi Emma

Glad you found the site :welcome: I am sure you will get lots of good advise on here

Take care

Carol

Lilith1980
19-07-08, 00:14
Hi Emma

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

sarah peacock
19-07-08, 14:59
Hey there. I'm also new here. I've been suffering with anxiety for the past 6 yrs and it's only recently that i have become really affraid of dying or should i say petrified! It is on my mind constantly, it's awful.

chiko
19-07-08, 16:45
Hi there

I am new to site as well. I started suffering about the same age as you. My mother has also got anxiety and agoraphobia. I am glad you are getting counselling, someone to talk to about the way you fell is important. I hope you fnd talkng to others on this site useful.

Best wishes

Melissa xx

ronski
19-07-08, 19:47
Hi Emma

It saddens me immensly that somebody of your tender years should have anxieties about death and dying. I am sure that most of us with anxiety, especially those with panic attacks have a fear of dying as a root cause of our anxieties. It was only when I realised that I had no control over what life had ahead for me that my anxieties became less intense.

So what advice can I give you. Well you have control of your health, so by exercising regularly, eating healthy, drinking withing goverment guidelines and no smoking you can mostly control your future health. remember everything in moderation. If by fixating your thoughts on achieving the forementioned and getting an absorbing hobby your thoughts of death will be put into perspective.

All the best in your recovery, remember fix your thoughts on the Positive and hopefully the negative will go. Your mother who has been an anxiety sufferer will give you good advice.
Ron