PDA

View Full Version : just wondered..

milly jones
16-07-08, 13:28
as u know my hb joined nmp to gain insight into anxiety to try and understand me more.

as i have been viewing the newbies, there seem to be an increasing number of partners joining for this reason.

i wondered if it was worth a section in the forum dedicated to supporting partners/carers of those who deal with us on a daily basis.

a place where they could vent their frustrations, ask questions and gain support from each other.

i know im imposssible to live with sometimes and i cant always explain why to my hb. he doesnt know what to do/say either.

this is not a criticism of the present site, cos i think its wonderful, but it was after a discussion today at the hospital at how little support there is available for our partners.

hope ive not caused offence to anyone

milly xxx

kellie
16-07-08, 16:35
What a great idea milly, befor i was an anx sufferer i was trying hard to cope with my partener who was suffering pretty bad and had been for 7 years
Its was not till i started to suffer myself that i got a realy good understanding of how he was thinking and feeling.
I think your idea is smashing and may be helpful to ppl who are copeing with parteners as well

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
16-07-08, 19:02
Hi Milly and Kellie,

Thank you for your input and I'm sure that Nic and the rest of the Admin Team will discuss your idea.

Take care,

Laura

marie1974
16-07-08, 19:16
hi mil i thinks that sounds like a great idea and brilliant that your hubby wants to learn more about anxiety etc, not all partners want to know, so thats brilliant and i hope he knows wot a top girl u are

nomorepanic
16-07-08, 19:18
I did used to have a carers forum and it was hardly every used to be honest so I removed it in the end as I felt that we had too many forums as it was and the whole thing can be a bit daunting to new people.

milly jones
16-07-08, 20:07
ok np sorry nic

nomorepanic
16-07-08, 21:07
I am not saying it wasn't a good idea - just that last time I tried it it was hardly ever used.