PDA

View Full Version : Hey

domm029
16-07-08, 14:12
Hi I am new to this, My name is dom, I suffer with bad nerves.anxitie and panick attacks, I found this site the other day, and I found it very useful, I am also am emptophobia which i suffered with since i was about 10 years, I had it under control for many years, but this year it came back with vengence, when the stomach bug, hit the area. I kinda got the bug, and was nearly sick, even though i wasn't, it really freaked me out, and brought it all back, I constantly nervous. I had a lot of time of work, and they have been very understanding.
So I went to see my doctor and they put me on Citalopram (20mg). It's my 5th day on it, and was wondering the side effect start happen, and how long do they last.

would apreciate some advice

kellie
16-07-08, 14:56
Hiya Dom
:welcome: to nmp its great to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. You may not get any side effect at all from the meds, some ppl do and some ppl dont. If you do start to get some its not unusual and you need to give them time to work for you, it can take anything from 2 to 8 wks for you to see some benifit from them. keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
16-07-08, 16:00
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Nibbles
16-07-08, 16:17
Hi Dom and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

milly jones
16-07-08, 16:54
hi welcome to nmp

im on citalopram too.

u may be lucky if u havent experienced anything yet

i think mine started within the first week.

good luck

milly xxx

nomorepanic
16-07-08, 20:01
Hi Dom

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Alisonj
16-07-08, 20:32
Welcome!!!

babes2008
16-07-08, 21:44
Hello and welcome to the site xx

Southern_Belle
17-07-08, 16:20
Hi Dom,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I've never been on your med but mine took a couple of weeks until I felt better. Good luck.

Take care,

Laura

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 11:42
Hello Dom And Welcome To The Site .......wish Ya Well............linda