PDA

View Full Version : info on ovarian cysts

crunchie01
16-07-08, 17:13
hi everyone

i have a slight concern at the moment but i am trying to keep it under control!!

does anyone have any information re ovarian cysts? would going on the pill stop cysts forming?

i get ovulation pain every single month and it feels exactly the same every time there is nothing different about it,but every so often,its not every day just every so often i get a pinch in my right hand side and then its gone,and i have started thinking cysts,i have considered ovarian cancer but im only 30 i know it can happen but it is rare so im not even going there,i have also thought cervical cancer but i had a smear last year and it was fine

any info would be greatly appreciated,thank you:huh:

marie1974
16-07-08, 17:21
hiya hun, i get this nearly every month exactly wot u described and its perfectly normal at certain times in the month, so please dont worry. also DONT google cos u will make yourself think alsorts and honest u are fine, keep thinking wot your counsellor has told u hun, cos u doing brilliant. you are my friend on here and u can email me anytime as u know and im always here. please dont worry though its nothing. hugsxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alisonj
16-07-08, 20:27
Ovulation causes pain without cysts. It is normal for woman to get lots of little cysts on their ovaries each month and they go away each month as well. If it was one of concern it would be causing other problems such as middle cycle spotting, painful intercourse and more. The pill can keep them at bay yes but only if you are prone to large serious ones would I suggest the pill. I had one removed at age 14 and it was 5X5X7 cm in diameter. It caused unreal pain and major problems. So trust me if there is anything serious going on your body will let you know!

crunchie01
17-07-08, 07:17
hi donna,

thank you so much for your reply it really means a lot,thank you

jenniexxxx

crunchie01
17-07-08, 07:18
hi alison,
thank you for your reply,yours and donnas has put my mind at ease thank you.i have no other symptoms at all except this piching now and then,but the more i think about it the more it pinches!!
thank you again

jenniexx

Neomartin
29-08-08, 07:31
Ovarian cysts can be referred to as small sacs filled with fluids that get developed in ovaries of a woman. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm. However, some of them might cause problems like bleeding, rupturing, or pain. One of the ways of getting rid of ovarian cysts is surgery.

In ovaries of any of the women falling in the childbearing age group, that who aren’t on pills, there are some cystic structures, continuously coming as well as going. These are essential to have the egg developed and released thereafter. As they form a part of general ovarian function, ‘physiological’ is the term given to them.

jannnne
29-08-08, 07:55
Hi
I have had a small cyst on my right ovary for years, and I have get pain with ovulation. I also had a really hairy period and went on Dianette for a few years.. Have come off it now and still get pain with ovulation but I try to predict it now and take ibuprofen to stop it getting too bad. Try not to worry I worried myself silly that I had cancer and everything else in between.
Hope you are feeling better soon xxxxxxxxJane

jodie
29-08-08, 08:57
hiya

i had a ovarian cyst about 9 years ago, i only found out i had it when i went for a scan when i was pregnant i don't remember having any pain nothing.
i to get the same pain you are getting every month i have told the doc and he said most ladies get it and not to worry.

jodie x

petmad
29-08-08, 09:09
Hi
I get a pain approx 2 weeks after my period which is just the egg and had it for years.
I also had a large cyst many years ago, I had different symptoms. My stomach felt big, when I sat down I had a kind of pressure in my tummy. I just didn't feel right. I had to go private in the end for a scan because the consultant at the hospital didn't offer me a scan, they found a cyst about the size of a large orange which I had removed thru keyhole surgery.
Don't worry you are fine and perfectly normal!