PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

marylou
16-07-08, 17:20
Hi everyone

I'm a new user - joined today as I've just had my first day of being on 20 mg Citalopram..
All seems to be OK so far - just a little fuzzy but I've been on diazepam for the last week so it's all relative...
I'm also anxious as I'm back at work...
Whilst my boss/colleagues are being really supportive and keeping the pressure off I am concerned how long my "grace period" will last and slightly concerned, having read a few of these posts, that side effects may set in the next few days that will make work harder to deal with..
The GP who prescribed this for me suggested that getting back to work/routine as soon as poss was a healthy thing but the GP I saw the day before was talking about signing me off for a month so I'm really confused who to believe!!
I don't think the fact that I'm unhappy at work at the moment helps the problem...
Does anyone have any words of support/comments/advice for me?? x

milly jones
16-07-08, 18:27
firstly welcome hunny to nmp

everyone is different, just try not to focus on the side effects and see what happens.

surely u can go to work if u feel ur ok and then stay off if ure not. thats what i did.

i was honest at work and we arranged that if i could not complete my job adequately then i was to stay off sick.

i think u have to make a decision, and the gp will back u up either way

love milly xxx

domm029
16-07-08, 18:31
Hey there

I am on 5th day Citalopram, the side efffects, I have experience, are nausea, headach, and it has also made my nervese worse, bur it does pass, and i feel more awake now, my sleep pattern has got better already.

Stick it out, i found keeping to a normal routine does help even though you may find it hard. and keepm looking forward to feeling better it does help
feel free to mesage. i am only a few days ahead of you