PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Midlands?

Moo
16-07-08, 19:25
Hi

Just wondered if anyone was in the Derby / Burton on Trent area?

Everyone on here seems to be miles away from me!!

:D Moo xx

crunchie01
16-07-08, 19:56
hi

im from the midlands,chesterfield

jenniexx:yesyes:

Granny Primark
16-07-08, 20:03
Theres loads of us from the midlands.
Im in stoke on trent

kellie
20-07-08, 12:02
Hiya, im in Birmingham

positiveness
20-07-08, 15:07
Hiya, I live in Derbyshire, 11 miles from Buxton towards Stockport.

More of us about than we think eh..?

Positiveness

lilibet
20-07-08, 18:07
Hi

Im from Worcestershire

lilibet x

thevoicewithinme
20-07-08, 18:21
Hi,

I am in Stoke on Trent.

Kaz

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 19:01
Im from The Cotswolds on the border of Stratford.

DarkRose
21-07-08, 17:05
Hiya Moo, I'm in Wolverhampton :)

Barbara B
21-07-08, 17:48
Hi All
I just saw this, I am new to this site and recently posted re eptopic beats. Yes I am in the Midlands as well. I am in Staffordshire.
Pleased to find this site, it's taking me a while to get used to using it but I think I am getting a bit more familiar with the threads. Pleased to be in contact.
Barbara:)

den42
21-07-08, 19:47
hi moo
im in brownhills, pm me anytime
denise :yesyes:

nickieb
23-07-08, 15:55
Im worcs too people x

Neil 483
23-07-08, 16:49
Hi my names Neil and im from Birmingham.

I have just joined this site after reading about Health anxiety, i worry all the time about my health and stress about pains, my doc says im ok and not to worry about it but after a few weeks its back.

I working on some yoga to help calm my mind.

eljay
30-07-08, 00:54
Ooooo im in Telford, shropshire, a stones throw from Wolverhampton and I was born in Birmingham, not far from stafford now either, i think 45 mins, my cousin lives there.

Granny Primark
30-07-08, 07:02
Well theres definitely enough people for a meetup. Anyone got any suggestions where and when?

titchjd
30-07-08, 09:31
Im from walsall west midlands xxxxxx

bubblerawk
04-08-08, 20:04
im at uni in derby

Cathy V
04-08-08, 21:01
I could also make a meeting in the midlands. As granny primark lynn knows i can be either in wolves or stafford from around 10th to 21st august. Be good to meet more of us...the more the merrier eh lynn?

milly jones
05-08-08, 21:28
cathy please pm me when the date is set so we can join u xxx

Squibbet
14-08-08, 11:12
Hi.

I'm from Bromsgrove. I'd love to meet others, but part of my problem is a fairly deep-seated fear of getting lost, alone, in an unfamiliar place and being unable to speak clearly enough to ask for help. So unless someone could come with me, I probably wouldn't be able to make it. :unsure:

Marion

Cathy V
14-08-08, 11:37
Not sure if this will be a firm meet up, but im still staying with my daughter in stafford until next thursday 21st aug. If we can work out a day between us that would be great. Can I start by suggesting sunday 17th? stafford is a small town and although alot of the shops are open on sundays, theres not alot of people around, and theres quite a few coffee shops to choose from...Costa, Neros, Starbucks etc. Theres also a starbucks inside sainsburys which might be better as a meeting point coz theres a large car park there too and its free parking on a sunday.

So anyone interested in sunday? anytime is good for me so ill leave the time open for discussion...:) hoe you can make it xxxxx

Granny Primark
14-08-08, 19:28
Im definitely up for sunday.
My hubby has got the day off.

nickieb
14-08-08, 19:50
Im from worcestershire x

melvin
21-08-08, 20:26
hi All im new to site anyone from nottingham

relic
30-08-08, 19:17
Hi, another new addition. I'm in Birmingham :yesyes:

sweet_little_person
30-08-08, 23:22
i am in telford, originally from liverpool area. x

Cookie
05-09-08, 14:29
I'm in derbyshire, 20 minutes drive from derby city centre. Did you ever arrange a meet up?

Shell.:yesyes:

geddy
17-09-08, 17:28
:bighug1: Hellooooooooo, Im from East Midlands!! about 20 mins frOM either Leicester or Nottingham!
Anyone near me??? Could do with meeting like minded folk :o)

chrissy16
26-11-08, 12:44
Hi

Im new to this site. I am in the east midlands just about 7 minutes from Nottingham town centre (by car)..

chris

tashbarnes87
26-11-08, 13:43
Helloo all, i am in Coventry :) xx

hevsw
27-11-08, 09:26
Hi everyone, i live between Wolverhampton and Telford- would love to meet up with others in the area, love Heather

nikkinik
27-11-08, 13:18
:bighug1: Hellooooooooo, Im from East Midlands!! about 20 mins frOM either Leicester or Nottingham!
Anyone near me??? Could do with meeting like minded folk :o)

Hi.. Im from Leicester just near Ashby/Coalvile (thats about 20ish mins from the Airport! lol)

Nikkixx.

binza
05-12-08, 18:18
hi im from telford

big richard
06-12-08, 21:45
hi there i live in birmingham

moonlighta
06-12-08, 21:45
Hey, I was born in Wolverhampton (although live in the north east now) but go back regularly - was there last week visiting friends!:D

lucy030188
07-12-08, 11:57
im from walsall in the west midssss....

=) xxx

Poppy79
31-12-08, 22:00
Hi,

Yes, i am from Nottingham

Poppy

mickh555
30-01-09, 01:52
west midlands.

kate iam panic
01-02-09, 13:39
hi im a newbie,im from derby ? anybody else ?:bighug1:

kate iam panic
01-02-09, 13:40
hi poppy im from derby how you doing today ? xkate (iam panic)

joans60
01-02-09, 15:04
Hi Moo
I am in the Midlands as well Dudley in the West Midlands.

Cookie
05-02-09, 14:08
Has a meet up been arranged for the midlands yet??:)

domino
05-02-09, 18:03
Hello, i,m back thought i,d drop by and say hi. Is there going to be a meet up then as i have been reading this thread and as far as i can see it has not yet happened. it,s been a while since my last meet up.

Granny Primark
06-02-09, 07:36
Glad to have you back lorraine.
It would be good to have another meetup in the midlands.
Anyone got any suggestions where would be a good place to meet?

pink daisy
06-02-09, 09:59
I would be intrested in traveling to one in the midlands.. depends if I could get in the place I suppose lol..

where would we meet? a pub? last time we met up in a art room that was cool.

Kate x

flinty90
06-02-09, 19:12
I would be willing to go along to a midlands meet up with you guys again, the art room we went to last time was a really good day , i will keep looking in to see if anything gets arranged :yesyes:

kate
06-02-09, 19:56
I'm up for a meet, haven't been to one since the one at Kingsbury water park.

Can it be in Sutton Coldfield?? :D:winks:

Kate

The Fool
07-02-09, 13:02
hello! im from the midlands derbyshire i am in a crappy place called woodville to be specific but were hopeing to move into burton soon.

charli xx

The Fool
07-02-09, 13:03
i woudl love to meet up if we could perhaps derby or burton for a shopping day?

RobinW
10-02-09, 11:27
Trentham Gardens near Stoke on Trent looks like a good place to meet from the pictures in the gallery. Does anyone want to meet up? I see the Monkey place is open after the half term.
regards Rob

kimmy126
10-02-09, 11:41
hi yes i live in Stafford...

domino
10-02-09, 13:36
Yes trentham gardens is very nice, went to a meet up there in 2007 {april22nd} had alovely day, and met some lovely people, but would like to try some where different, but am happy to go to trentham if it is prefered.

pink daisy
10-02-09, 16:02
where else could u suggest domino?

mickh555
20-02-09, 22:53
Dudley zoo!!! only since i live by there lol.

kirstasaurus
25-02-09, 23:36
im in cannock anyone close??

Chelle1
28-02-09, 23:05
Hi

I live in Brum, well Oldbury, id love to speak to others in the area and maybe meet up.

Chelle xx

sharona
07-03-09, 21:06
Hi
I am from Mansfield, which is not far.

Sharon

hi

im from the midlands,chesterfield

jenniexx:yesyes:

smiths
07-03-09, 21:14
im from birmingham

sazz_1984
09-03-09, 22:55
I'm from Staffordshire Moorlands!

PoppyC
09-03-09, 23:25
Hi all
I am from Derbyshire. There are loads from the Midlands. You think its the area that makes us anxious and depressed? lol

antrob1000
11-03-09, 10:40
I live in Nottingham

PoppyC
11-03-09, 12:26
Hi...
What about meeting somewhere like a lovely old stately home with open gardens and the tearooms. I find walking around places like that, or having a picnic there by a river, really relaxing, especially when the weather is warmer. Its not so great when its raining! :lac:The Midlands has a lot of stately homes. Chatsworth House is nice, Warwick Castle and Calke Abbey too - other than that what about a lovely pub by a river somewhere...Its not advisable to drink with Citraplam is it :noangel: lol

moonlighta
11-03-09, 22:18
Hey although I now live in north east england I was born and lived in Wolverhampton til I was 9. Still have strong links and go back regularly to visit family and friends (I'm now over 40!!) Great area.

tskin
23-03-09, 17:06
From Derby originally, and there at the minute.

steveo5
23-03-09, 22:38
From Birmingham but living in shropshire now

Stripyanimal
14-04-09, 23:40
I'm orignally from Yorkshire, but now live in Birmingham. :)

PoppyC
15-04-09, 11:25
I live in a small village in Derbyshire.

domino
19-04-09, 04:46
Well it seems we are going round in circles here , we,re all keen to meet up so why has,nt it happened yet. Can i suggest kingsbury water park, any sunday in may, we have two bank holidays in this month {4th /25th} pls let me know if anyone is interested.:smile:

nikkinik
23-04-09, 14:40
Hi,
Im in Leicester.. not too far from Measham, which isnt too far from Burton.. lol

If anyone in Leicester, or close to, wants to meet up Im happy to. My Facebook is Nichola Ward :)

starlady
05-05-09, 19:41
Hi...........anyone from liverpool? I would like to meet up with others who suffer panic attacks. Ang x

sharona
05-05-09, 19:56
Hi

I live in Mansfield but travel to Birmingham every day, down the A38.

Sharona :)

scared1
06-05-09, 00:22
i am in good old stoke......

steveo5
06-05-09, 09:40
used to live and work in Brum now in shropshire nr Telford

steve

Mystical
12-05-09, 01:15
HI there :) East Midlands me, close to Junction 25 of M1 so local to both Derby and Nottingham and most of the outlying areas within a 30 miles radius can be included.... Exact location is New Sawley but not many ppl know where it is; I can say that the A50 to Stoke is only a short drive away, so anyone from Burton - Uttoxeter - as far as Stoke are welcome to contact me. Special mention to Ibuild as I'm also a guy but a few decades older, not that it makes much difference when you 're linking up with messages on the site. :welcome: Ibuild Mystically yours = Stu-UK

PS: Be an idea to know which small village you're at Poppy?? :flowers:

PoppyC
12-05-09, 14:16
Hi Mystical :)
I am not really far from Burton as I live in South Derbyshire (as I have stated before in other post) so its not too far from Leics, Staffs,warwickshire, Notts/ W.Midlands type places... I am new to Derbyshire so I am not that familiar to it.
I dont like giving out the name of my village - sorry if that sounds a bit off but I just dont feel comfortable doing so - its a very small village. That narrows it down doesnt it lol :wacko: Ok...I will be honest...I am worried someone may recognise me! which is mad because I dont know anyone here! and if they did then they are on the site anyway! Not making sense here am I !
I would love to meet up with people - I would prefer indoors and an evening/weekend would be better for me. :)

sharona
12-05-09, 19:34
Hi

Why don,t we meet in Derby or Nottingham , it would be great to meet everyone?

Sharona xxx

Mystical
13-05-09, 02:35
Hi there,

Great idea Sharona, but didn't you say you were in Mansfield; surely a meet near to me in Long Eaton or somewhere close, would suit most.... Poppy could come in via the train or via the A52 and Derby or the A50 to the Long Eaton turn-off.... Anyone else living within 20 or 30 miles of Junction 25 could make the journey in less than an hour. Don't forget that partners are also encouraged to make the meets, tho' I know the difficulty they face if you have to consider child care. Just a few ideas out of the hat - how do others feel and when do you wish to meet - later this month or June?

The anonymity question Poppy can be answered by saying that we meet together as new friends and not just as ppl from NMP!! So no worries on that score. I'd guess you somewhere nr to Swadlincote so the A50 could be your easiest way in, if you drive.

Measham can be classed as close to Ashby so either the A42 to M1 and J24 nr the Airport would be the route for you Nicnic. Scared1, pretty sure that ibuild and yourself both being in Stoke could talk to Granny Primark and have a local meet any suitable weekend and make the longer journey only if inclined; nobody is pressuring anyone.

Just that the East Midland meet was one of the best so many ppl thought!!

The idea of penpals seems to have bitten the dust as they say; ppl would rather meet face to face and discuss their various issues, which works for most except those with agoraphobia who can't leave their homes.

The most common denominator is Anxiety attacks and for some reason or other, most people suffer mostly when they are freaked out by a panic situation. Small group meets help those who don't take to crowds, tho' the venue - often a private room in a loca pub - prevents that from causing them more anxieties.

So there we are - we have the beginnings of an East Midland support group.

Now lets arrange a meet and get it into being.... all best wishes to you all.

Anyone else - you're free to put your suggestions forward, in fact we encourage them.:hugs: Mystically yours Stu-uk

Feel FREE to post in reply.... this is the nearest we've got to a meet since the Summer of 2008. :yesyes:

sharona
13-05-09, 15:27
Hi

I do live in mansfield so Nottingham would be easier, let me know. The Saturday after the bank holiday would be better for me.

Let me know.

Sharona

Richiebrum
22-05-09, 00:13
Hi ya,

This sounds pretty promising, i'm from down in Halesowen, not expecting everyone to come round for dinner, although that'd be an idea we could do a come dine with me thingy and we could cook for each (not really!). I know the East Midlands, Derby area especially so keep me posted, you never know it may really happen (positive).

Regards

Rich x

PoppyC
22-05-09, 11:38
Hi :)
I would meet up but would be a bit nervous. Maybe we could meet in a pub? I know I should not mix alcohol with tablets but 1 large Baileys wont hurt - will it??? :unsure:
I don't really want to be sat all round in a group staring at each other because I would find that really awkward...maybe go for a drink, then a meal?
Has anyone met up before - if so, what was it like???

Mystical
23-05-09, 01:43
Hi there ppl,

Seems a few interested parties really want this to go ahead.... First the idea is a get-together as well as the beginning of what could be an NMP Midlands group! It's not beyond a few of us to get this together and I know I'm repeating myself.... :)

Poppy the ideal place we found last time was a pub just off J25 of M1 which has a meeting room set apart from the main bar; it's often used by groups to meet including several like the local Volunteer Bureau, so it seems more than the few who got together late last summer enjoyed the experience...

For those who make a longer journey the pub is one that sells bar snacks or pub meals at reasonable prices; you don't have to drink.... several of us - me included aren't allowed on medical grounds, but you can if you wish - after all we aren't making the choices as a group - we are making individual choices - scary as that might seem to some..... it's not really! :ohmy:

The venue is just outside of Derby Rich - can give you map ref if you wanna have a look-see on google earth or similar?

Sharona suggested next Saturday but I think that's a bit soon for some - you can disagree if you like, I don't mind a bit. Judt post in some feedback I can work on and offer to help organise if you feel up to it?

Hoping to make this an NMP success.. Mystically yours Stu- uk nr Nottingam. :welcome: to all who want to be a part of this meet!!

PoppyC
23-05-09, 11:24
Hi Mystical :)
I would meet up but getting there is going to be a problem. What is the name of area that you are thinking of meeting up in. I am new to Derbyshire and don't know the area. How many people are definitely going?
If a date is finally arranged between everyone, and everyone is definite that they will attend, then I will do my best to get there.
I think its a good idea!

Mystical
27-05-09, 01:34
Hi there,

Not sure if you mean to upset people limited by their inabilities to leave their homes or not; either way, it is not the usual respnse of a genuine support worker and were you to be employed by our county you would be dismissed for making such comments. As it is I can only ask admin at nmp to take a good look at your reasons for being one site, as if it is to give people such bad psychology I just gotta wonder how much support you're able to give??

xxangeleyes07xx
21-06-09, 23:18
im from the burton area and im interested in the meet to

eleanor_rigby
27-06-09, 11:57
i am from notts and would love a meet up please pm me if anyone has details x

khirstie71
29-06-09, 17:10
im in gloucester, have joined this site so still trying to find my way round, i was born in Birmingham, and visit familiy there regulaly so would be happy to meet up.
khirstie x

skelingtor
08-07-09, 16:46
hey hey, any other brummies here?

melvin
08-07-09, 17:10
hi im from nottingham

den68
08-07-09, 21:12
hi
im from telford not far from wolverhampton
denise

Mystical
09-07-09, 16:45
melvin,
Hi there.... I'm in Long Eaton and only just off the A52/M1 J25, so not too far away from you.
Same goes for you in BoTrent - I'm just off the A52 so a short drive along the A38 and join the 52 and head Nottingham way and it's less than an hour's drive... that's if you got transport of course. Mystical Stu-uk :)

bluebottle
13-07-09, 14:54
I'd be interested in this.

Prue89
19-07-09, 20:58
Hi, Im in retford, about 30mins north of nottingham. Would love to meet with anyone close by. Just bout overcome my agoraphobia, just the panic and depression to go :D

Prue x