PDA

View Full Version : endoscopy today !!!!!

judipat
16-07-08, 20:45
Hi all
Well!! I've had my endoscopy today - it was'nt pleasant, but it was quick. I felt myself start to panic a bit when the throat spray numbed my throat and I felt I could'nt swallow and again when the scope went into my stomach and made me feel sick aghhhhhhh.
Anyway, the good news is, I dont have anything serious (surprise, surprise). He told me I have oesophegitis caused by acid splashing up from the stomach and causing the oesophegus to be inflamed, I also have a hiatus hernia which is very common. He told me it probably wont go away, but can be controlled with medication and diet.
Ah well!!! at least I know now

Judi xxxx

sheba2
16-07-08, 21:45
Really pleased that all went well and that you can now get some treatment and put this worry to bed.

nomorepanic
16-07-08, 22:30
At least you can now move on from this and accept you are ok.

Well done on coping!

JennyW
17-07-08, 08:39
Hi all
Well!! I've had my endoscopy today - it was'nt pleasant, but it was quick. I felt myself start to panic a bit when the throat spray numbed my throat and I felt I could'nt swallow and again when the scope went into my stomach and made me feel sick aghhhhhhh.
Anyway, the good news is, I dont have anything serious (surprise, surprise). He told me I have oesophegitis caused by acid splashing up from the stomach and causing the oesophegus to be inflamed, I also have a hiatus hernia which is very common. He told me it probably wont go away, but can be controlled with medication and diet.
Ah well!!! at least I know now

Judi xxxx

Hi Judi. Glad things have turned out OK :yesyes: I'm due to have one in 3 weeks time and still debating whether to be sedated or not. I'm really worried about the gagging :huh: