PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Caraine
16-07-08, 20:52
Hi everyone, thought it was about time I introduced myself after having used the articles/forum on the site for the past few months and finding it very useful.

Just over a year ago I awoke in the night to palpitations - scary stuff! The doc said it was a panic attack...a what? I asked myself.....little did I know what was to come.

Yes, you've guessed - since then loads of waking in the night with pains, palpitations and anxious feelings during the day with a really loud heartbeat in my ears and chest. Prescribed Propranalol which helped a little but gave me scary nightmares. I came off them just before Xmas 07 when I started to feel better and then..

Fell downstairs and tore a chest muscle - just what I needed to start it all off again. any pain in the chest and arms is guaranteed to make me anxious.

I still don't understand any of it. I am a rational, totally logical 49 year old woman who realises that all my feelings are daft but still can't stop them happening. My biggest worry I think is one of angina as my mum had angina for 2 years before her heart bypass and all her doctors said she had anxiety! But I've had ECGs and stress tests and they were all ok.

Sorry to ramble on, its just nice to vocalise things as the doctors don't seem to care and my husband won't accept an illness he can't see (broken leg). lol

:shrug:

milly jones
16-07-08, 20:56
hi hun

welcome to nmp

my hb is at present strugggling with the broken leg syndrome.

see if he wants to join nmp too lol

love milly xx

nomorepanic
16-07-08, 21:17
Hi Caraine

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

diane07
16-07-08, 21:21
Hi caraine,

welcome to nmp, good bunch on here to understand how your feeling, its like having another family.

best wishes

Di xx

Cathy V
16-07-08, 21:24
Hi there and welcome. Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment. Im wondering if also you might be in the peri-menopause as you give your age. This is the period of time leading up to the menopause and can be really bad anxiety wise. If you havent already, mabe you can ask your doc for the blood test that tells them if your oestrogen levels are falling? the average age of menopause is around 53-55, so its quite possible that you may be in the pre-meno period. Hormones have alot to answer to sometimes!

Have any other symptoms? hot flushes, weight gain, thinning hair on body?

Cathy xxxx

marie1974
16-07-08, 21:36
hiya and welcome to nmp you will find loads of great info and support here and make new friends too. hugs xx

Caraine
17-07-08, 16:00
Hi there and welcome. Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment. Im wondering if also you might be in the peri-menopause as you give your age. This is the period of time leading up to the menopause and can be really bad anxiety wise. If you havent already, mabe you can ask your doc for the blood test that tells them if your oestrogen levels are falling? the average age of menopause is around 53-55, so its quite possible that you may be in the pre-meno period. Hormones have alot to answer to sometimes!

Have any other symptoms? hot flushes, weight gain, thinning hair on body?

Cathy xxxx
Hi Cathy
Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately its not menopause related as I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago and have been on HRT ever since....back to the drawing board!

Southern_Belle
17-07-08, 16:28
Hi Caraine,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Nibbles
17-07-08, 23:04
Hi Caraine and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 11:37
Hello Caraine And Welcome To The Site....wish Ya Well.......linda