PDA

View Full Version : depersonalization-derealization--is it??

tag you're it
17-07-08, 06:37
Can someone please tell me if they think this sounds like depersonalization-derealization? I'm really desperate to hear someone's opinion!

I've been having the feeling since I was really little. I remember the very first time... it was accompanied by really bad lightheadedness and tinitus (ringing in the ears), and I felt really sick...it was the scariest thing I'd ever felt. Over the years it happened less frequently and also got easier, but now it still gets bad. Whenever I think about it it comes back, so of course I have it right now. The worse it gets the more confused my mind gets and the confusion is so scary. In the beginning, whenever someone talked it seemed weird and alienlike or something (I'm not saying that I was hallucinating that the sound was different in any way), and for some reason I'd have this fear that I wouldn't be able to think or communicate but I still could. It felt like I was in a dream or something. I described it like "I knew I was there but I felt like I wasn't" or "it looked like the world around me wasn't real but I knew it was" I used to think I had some kind of rare mental disease or something, something serious. There are many more things to say about this problem but I'll start with that and see if it sounds familar to anyone...
And now it's getting so bad I'm starting to find it hard to concentrate.

kellie
17-07-08, 08:17
Hiya hun, well it deffo sounds like it to me, it is something i got very often as a child and it went away for a number of years but came back again when i started to suffer with anx. YOu are not going nuts or haveing some kind of mental illness ok so let get that cleared up.
D/D is just the result of a very tierd and over stressed mind and very commen with anx/panic sufferers and you will find these things effect your concentration.
The best thing to do when it happens is to tell yourself you are ok then distract your self and ignore it.
Try to get good rest and sleep more if you can

take care

kellie.xxxxxxx