PDA

View Full Version : Please help

mary8
17-07-08, 09:14
I am really worried as I keep getting a sore place in exactly the same spot up my nose, it is on the inside about half way up right on the boney part. I have been to my GP twice already about this and he said it was an infection and gave me some cream which cleared it up. The problem is that after about 10 days of stopping the cream it comes back again. My GP has reassured me that it is nothing horrible (as I immediately thought I had nasal cancer) as it responded so well to the cream. I have another appointment with my GP this morning but I feel so scared that he is going to send me for further tests. I always think I have something life threatening wrong with me and feel I can't cope.
Does anyone else experience this type of sore place?
Thank you for reading my thread.

joyce1980
17-07-08, 09:37
Hey you!

I had this, omg I was thinking the same thing but thats what anxiety does to you.

Nah cancer does not clear up and i got cream too, starts with N can't remeber it.....It cleared up for me but came back again, it feels like ulcerated skin in the nose, no problem some infections are hard to get rid of.

Were actually suppose to apply the cream 4 times a day for more than two weeks, so if you have not the virus might be a little stronger for the cream you have, you will prob get stonger antibiotics but make sure you take them properly.

As for me I am trying to ignore it as I am lazy about going back to Drs, they have seen enough of me.

joyce1980
17-07-08, 09:39
I know!!! it was naseptin and smells like peanuts lol

mary8
17-07-08, 09:42
Hi Joyce, thank you for replying so quickly, I feel so nervous at the moment, suffer terribly from HA. It sounds as though you had the same cream as me, Naseptin. After my last visit to my GP he told me to use it 4 times a day and continue for 3 days after sore had cleared up. This I did (used it for 14 days) stopped using the cream about 10 days ago and have noticed this morning that it is getting sore again.:weep:
I really appreciated your response, thank you.

JoT
17-07-08, 09:44
Oh yes I get this sometimes, don't worry, it's really common.

It takes ages to heal up because it's moist up there and there is a lot of bacteria in your nose naturally. It's really stingy and painful, it kinda reminds me of a coldsore but inside your nose.

You'll be fine, please don't worry :)

Jo x

june
17-07-08, 09:47
problems to do with health anxiety are many and varied.
I had the fear that because my nose and mouth TINGLED i was having a stroke.
Then to ease the tingling i began to RUB just the inside of my nose.
Then it began to itch.
Then it felt blocked.
then i began to poke and prod all the time with really realising.
I had such a pain on the bridge of my nose and then face ache.
AND THEN I REALISED WHAT I WAS DOING WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM.
It is very difficult to stop picking or poking something that irritates.
It is very easy to say "leave it alone" NOT very easy to do.
Hoope this helps
Best Wishes
June:)

joyce1980
17-07-08, 09:47
Yeah we have the same thing, rest assured that it's not nasal cancer, cancer bleeds and bleeds and does not get better.

challenge your thought, write down your thought and then write down the reasons as that support it's cancer then write down the reasons that it can not be cancer.

This will help you straighten your thoughts and you will clearly see why it can't be cancer. this is something you do in cbt.

mandie
17-07-08, 09:51
Hi Mary

I have the same problem. I was giving Naseptin but after stopping using it, it came back. It did go eventualy, but now i have one in the other nostril.

Its so sore and im thinking the worst because i have h/a.

I do have hayfever and it could be sore from all the sneezing etc but i dont think like that.

love mandie x

milly jones
17-07-08, 09:56
i get nasal infections and use naseptin

it can take ages to clear

if u put ur fingers u u are introducing more bacteria from ur hands

try and leave alone hun

milly xx

mary8
17-07-08, 10:11
This sore has been coming and going for the past 8 months now, but I supposse I should feel reassured that it hasn't gotten any worse in that time (but I don't). I just think I have some other life threatening condition that it causing this, maybe my imune system or something and I am petrified that my GP will send me for further tests. That's the trouble with HA, we always think the worst.
Thank you all so much for replying, it has been a great comfort to me and I really appreciate your kindness.

sheba2
17-07-08, 10:34
I had this a couple of years ago. It lasted about 18months and drove me mad. It was like a little ulcer in my nose on the bony part. I ended up having a biopsy taken of it. I refused the general anaesthetic and had just a nasal spray which was fine. Everything was fine and it eventually cleared up. Suddenly this year it came back and I have put it down to an allergy to dust. I am fine with normal amounts of dust but if I clear out anything that is very dusty (especially the dyson) then it sparks it off again.