PDA

View Full Version : So scared :(

Ninura
17-07-08, 09:20
Just now I felt terrible, sometimes i feel like my heart will stop beating, and I can't breathe and its dificult to swallow, and today I had a little pain on my chest (this was the first time). Almost always I think I will die...even if i know its panic, its difficult to believe its not real and to control it. I took 2 xanax and now felling very slleepy, but still scared, I'm really anxious because I will travel by plane on sunday, and I hate flying, its always the same problem, everytime i have to get in a plane I panic and cry a lot, but I have to travel by plane.
But this is all in our minds, I have been thinking a lot about the plane and the holidays and I feell anxious and I think I will feel bad during holidays and the plane may crash. :unsure:

Do you also feel that your heart will stop beating and you will sufoccate and die? I'm so scared of dying... :weep:

Moo
17-07-08, 09:25
Hi
Dont worry, most of us feel like this most of the time!

Apparently, air travel is one of the safest modes of transport, so you will be fine.

At the moment, I am facing my panic head on. When it starts, I hold my head up and let it get as bad as it can, and it seems to go very quickly. I've been doing this for few days and feel alot more positive. Try staring it in the face, challenge it to get worse and you might find it doesn't last as long.

Hope you feel better soon x

Moo x

Worried worrier!
17-07-08, 12:00
Hi there hun, i too have a fear of flying....as well as many other things!
My Dad loved planes but would NEVER get on one!
When he started a new job, he knew he'd have to do alot of travelling so he put himself on a fear of flying course.
He absolutely amazed himself afterwards. He was pretty much cured.Although he sometimes gets a little anxious at turbulance etc he flys every couple of weeks now.
Obviously when you suffer from anxiety it is worse but just something for you to bear in mind x

sian
17-07-08, 13:14
i am always scared and i am getting really fed up, this thing wont let me enter the chatroom unlsess i post something on the forum...