PDA

View Full Version : question regarding pms and anxiety

mila
17-07-08, 13:49
Hi girls,
I am a week at the most away from my period (i am on the day 23 of my cycle) and i have started feeling very hot and not standing heat very well and i get really panicky with it, i can feel my hands getting sweaty, like when i panic. Last night i woke up and i realised i am feeling really warm and i then felt myself starting to hyperventilate and panic and my heart started racing. I did have similar experiences before days before the period is due.
Thanks xx

desaparecidos
18-07-08, 20:07
Hu hun,

i find PMS makes me feel a bit 'edgy' so to speak. do you suffer from health anxiety?

i sometimes find some of the general symptoms associated with pms panic me, stress me out and i end up convincing myself there is something really wrong, and of course all the mixed emotions dont help xx

milly jones
18-07-08, 20:20
i dont have ha but find that my anx is heightened before my period.

its like as if all my senses are have been twiddled with, and my temp goes haywire esp at night, i get super emotional too.

so for me normal anx with added pmt lol

milly xxxx

kellyw
19-07-08, 18:25
hi millie, my cycle plays havoc with my anxiety. last month i had night sweats every night for about two weeks and i started to get so scared that something was really wrong with me. then i came on nad they have stopped. i am only 35 so i dont know why this has happened but a freind of mine has the same thing and she is convinced it is realted to her cycle.
hope you are feeling better
kelly xx

Alisonj
20-07-08, 06:04
I have been keeping track on the calendar when my most anxious days are and it turns out that it is always the same days and right before my cycle. I have talked to my GP and he says hormones can defintely wreak havoc. He made two suggestions. One was to start taking vitamin B6 which is suppose to help with the symptoms of PMS including the anxiety, it takes a few months to fully work. Or to go on a birth control pill. I chose the vitamin B6. I have been on it approx 1 mnth so I will have to see how things are this time around but I can defintely relate to what you are going through.

mila
20-07-08, 12:49
Thank you all for your replies. I am still waiting for the period to come, should be couple more days. It just seems it is like a whole week before period or even a few days longer when these things start for me. I also noticed that i am more depressed and things much easier make me feel depressed before period and things always seem gloomier.