PDA

View Full Version : Scared beyond belief..

belle
17-07-08, 16:50
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=shwr4999VgE

I have just watched this video (stupidly) and now i am sitting here shaking, crying, i feel sick, i am all aggitated, i can't think straight, i am struggling to type...

If this is true, i will have to make sure i am NOT around to witness it.

Lexi
17-07-08, 17:12
Please dont worry!
I watched it and found this: from http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012-explained-why-it-shouldnt-be-feared/
Will I die on December 21 2012?

I can’t tell, the Mayas can’t, Nostradamus can’t and the aliens can’t. On December 21 2012, a comet won’t hit the earth, a pole shift won’t happen instantly and a massive gravity burst won’t happen either. The only thing you can fear is a pole shift and it takes 5,000 years to complete. I’m pretty sure you won’t survive that long.
How to survive 2012

You will survive 2012. Unless you die before that.

Hope this helps, and remember these theories are designed to terrify people, its how they keep them alive. Obviously some guy just had a lot of time on his hands.

Please dont worry!! Love Lexi x

Jaco45er
17-07-08, 17:22
You got more staying power than me, I go bored after 2 mins.

decca
17-07-08, 17:33
Fascinating captain !.

Decca

decca
17-07-08, 17:35
I was due to retire in 2012, I'm glad I retired early now. lol.

Decca.

Cathy V
17-07-08, 19:13
Belle, im old enough to remember the men who walked around with those sandwich boards proclaiming 'the end of the world is nigh' this was obviously pre-computer madness. I think it was supposed to end in 1986 according to one of them. And the book of Nostradamus has made claims for certain catastophes that havent happened also. There will always be someone telling us these things, but please dont subscribe to it, nobody knows when. It will happen when it happens so live your life without this in it....anxiety is bad enough without adding to it with this nonsense. :)

Take care
cathy xxx

nomorepanic
17-07-08, 19:21
Belle

Read this other thread - we debated it on there as well...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33161

lorac
17-07-08, 19:24
Hi Belle

I totally agree with Cathy stop worrying about what you watched chances are it won't happen and yes there have always been people out there trying to scare us about things like that. Forget it Belle.

Carol
x

decca
17-07-08, 20:18
Dr Who will save us all anyway.

Sorry but I'm giving this the flipancy it deserves.

Where do they get this stuff from anyway.
Take no notice of it whatsoever belle.

Decca.

Zingara
17-07-08, 20:32
I understand your fears, it's very easy when you are an anxious person to get these things in your head. I remember as a kid being terrified by 'end of the world' theories. But Cathy and Nicola are absolutely right, there are a lot of cranks out there and although I didn't watch the video to the end I saw enough to put it firmly in the 'crank' category. The end of the world has been predicted umpteen times already... wasn't it supposed to be in 1999?!
Please don't be derailed by this sort of thing... it really isn't worth your attention. xxx

Zingara
17-07-08, 20:53
Oh and do read the article Lexi gave the link for... it really should set your mind at rest. Like Carol and Decca say, just take no notice of this scare mongering, because that's all it is. xxx

belle
17-07-08, 20:55
I can't see how its not taken seriously. I am honestly cr*ping myself.

Before all over fears this (and puking) have been around since i was very very small. I recall many occassions lying in bed as a child and worrying about the end of the world and have an overwhelming sense of fear consume me and i would run downstairs to my mum crying my heart out.

This is a fear out of my control which is worse than my agoraphobia. I can control whether i leave the house or not, but i can't control or stop 'PLANET X' hitting us :(

nomorepanic
17-07-08, 21:02
Belle

So what are you going to do until 2012 then?

Hide away or make the most of life and live it for the full.

What will be will be and you cannot change the future. Did you read my comments on the other post?

belle
17-07-08, 21:08
That is what terrifies me the fact i can't do anything about it. It fills me with absolute dread.

I do not want to be here if this is going to happen.

Tom_M
17-07-08, 21:18
On January 31 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_31), 2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012), Eros is expected to pass Earth at 0.179 astronomical units (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_units) (16.6 million miles) with a visual magnitude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_magnitude) of +8.5.

Source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/433_Eros

16.6 Million miles away from the earth. Notice that they even give one place past the decimal point, which shows how good they are at estimating these things.

Eros was visited by the NEAR Shoemaker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEAR_Shoemaker) probe, which orbited it, taking extensive photographs of its surface, and, on February 12 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_12), 2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001), at the end of its mission, landed on the asteroid's surface using its maneuvering jets.

Tom

decca
17-07-08, 21:26
Belle ,it aint gonna happen Darlin' people have been anouncing the end of the world since I was a kid so come on enjoy all the good things God gave us, let's worry about things when we have to eh ?
Incidentaly, I can remember being scared by things like this when I was a kid even worried about war breaking out again.

Decca.

nomorepanic
17-07-08, 21:28
So you would rather end your life than wait to see if it was true or not?

belle
17-07-08, 21:35
I know i sound pathetic. I know i sound absolutely rediculous, but that is how much it scares me.

ade
17-07-08, 21:36
oh belle
i am really sorry that you are so very worried,i dont wish to in any way diminish your obviously genuine worry,but please honey,this tactic of scaring people has gone on since year dot.it wouldnt surprise me if the people behind this "prediction" were also selling books,films,theories connected to the fear they arouse,its a con honey bee,try not to buy into it.but i want to send you so much reassurance.i found my wife sobbing one day over a prediction concerning global warming,how our beautiful young baby would have no world fit to grow up into."what if......what if...." well 2 can play at that game....."what if our baby grows up to be the microbiologist who solves the theoretical problem".....silence.....conspiracy theory sells,fear sells and we live in a ruthless selling world.i want you to sleep peacefully tonite,believe me,if NASA knew about anything remotely like this they would use it politically to gain funding,as others have said there are so many eyes trained on the skies ,we would know..and we live in the one age that could do something to stop it happening.
sweet dreams my love,i am thinking of you and hoping your fears will subside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-07-08, 22:00
Belle

You cannot live the next 4 years in so much fear - it will destroy you.

Why don't you try and get some help - hypnotherapy or CBT for it?

belle
17-07-08, 22:06
I'm having CBT for my agoraphobia but i haven't spoken to him about this.

nomorepanic
17-07-08, 22:12
well i would tell him cos this is obviously consuming your life at the moment.

He needs to know!

Zingara
17-07-08, 22:14
Ade is absolutely right, if this was a real problem the scientists would be onto it. Please try to put it out of your head, I know it's not easy, but really this is just some cranky bloke trying to make money. Like Ade says, he's probably flogging books and dvds off the back of it. It's sad, but there are people out there who will exploit other peoples' fears to make money. Trust me, this guy is one of them (and I'm saying this as one of the most nervous people you'll meet). Have faith in the scientists whose job it is to keep us safe. xxx

milly jones
17-07-08, 22:15
hi hun

sorry but i agree with everyone else

theres too much going on in my life today to worry about tomorrow never mind years away.

being ill has at least taught me to live each day at a time

take care

milly xx

Cathy V
17-07-08, 22:30
Belle, this phobia is obviously your 'thing' and since you were a child its reared its ugly head from time to time. Youve been on nmp for a few years now and i can see a thread started by you on 28.10.2006 saying the same thing....and people then replied in the same way as today.

If youve had this fear since childhood then maybe there is nothing anyone can say to you to comfort you. Nicola asked if youd consider therapy for it, have you ever had therapy for this fear?

and you know what? if the world is still here since you were a kid...maybe, just maybe the world actually wont end. why is it a given that it will...coz a bunch of a******es say so? theyve been saying the same thing since nostradamus belle...maybe it just goes on and on and on...why not? :) xxx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

tantopat
18-07-08, 00:19
I don't know if what I say will help at all, but I really wouldn't worry about it. The survival instinct is by far our strongest instinct, and even if anything like that ever did happen (which is extremely, extremely unlikely, and I agree with the other beliefs here of it being simple scaremongering), the world's governments and armies would most likely race to find a way to stop it. I honestly can't see the human race just rolling over and letting anything wipe us out (every time there's an outbreak of a serious disease among even two or three people, there always seems to be a group of scientists rushing to get rid of it), so I think you can trust the rest of the world to stop anything like this that could possibly threaten us, if there ever was a possibility of it happening. :)

Hope 2
18-07-08, 01:17
Hi Belle

I feel it would do you so much good if you spoke about this in CBT next time. This is exactly the sort of 'stuck record' terrifying thought stuff that CBT can cure. I had this from the age of 10, and I kept it to myself cos it was my mum that told me 'Just wait and see........it's gonna be WW3 before we know it and then we r all gonners'. Nice :mad: .

This CAN go away hun, u need to do the work, but it will be worth it cos anything is worth a shot when u suffer so badly :flowers: .

Best Luck and Wishes
Hope xx

purplehaze
18-07-08, 12:44
There have been men a woman that have predicted the end of the world for years and for most of them you can read anything into the writings. Its like horoscopes, buy 10 papers and they will mostly say different things. Certain cults have predicted the end of the world but as you can see the world is still here.
For those of us with panic attacks we think our own life is gonna end in 10mins but again here we are.

No one knows the time date day hour week month, when the world will end.

I looked into this a little a bit and there has been 100s of people that have said the world will end on this date or that date.

There was even a man who placed a bet with the bookmakers the world would end in 2007...yeah he lost his bet but if it had he would have still lost his bet.

There are 100s of cranks out there, which is strange coz I thought we where the cranks in here lol ;-)

Tweek
21-07-08, 22:07
Yeah don't watch anything like that or even war films or anything, (I freaked out trying to watch Pitch Black the other week. Only got about to the spaceshiop crash and thought I was gonna die with them! lol) when you are freaking out or prone to doing so. Any adrenaline in you can tip you over the edge. I train on an exercise bike, with a pulse meter round my chest and am slowly learning to control my pulse. It didn't quite work today as planned (2 and a half hour freak out after I did it) but I think it'll work eventually.

I watch all kinds of "documentaries" online and in the past they have messed my head up pretty badly. They can make you feel like it`s all pointless. It`s not. Just focus on positive things. I`m not into the LOA but I think it`ll help you whatever happens. Watch relaxing vids on youtube instead. Some great ones that help me on there. If you want, i`ll find them and post them, but can`t now.

I`m not religious, but when I freak out I get so scared I ask god to help me. You aren`t alone like. :)

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 22:16
Belle.

Please try and calm down. You cannot live your life waiting for something to happen like this. You will find that on 1st Jan 2013, you spent all this time worrying over something that never did happen.

There are so many theories on all things out there, that no one really knows what is going to happen. A lot of it is media and hype out to scare people.

Try and take oneday at a time and enjoy what you have now. I know its easy to say and I totally understand where you are coming from. But it really will not help you. If you want to know about hypnotherapy PM me and I can give you a website to look at, that will help you.

I have been doing a course for about 4 weeks now and it has helped me alot, as you will see in my most recent post.

xx