PDA

View Full Version : It has a name!

Willow
26-11-03, 12:09
I thought i was the only one!

I thought i was going crazy!

I have a terrible habit which probably sounds really silly but evertime i use the toilet I also have to wash my hands, then my face and brush my teeth in that order, no matter where I am. (yes i carry a toothbrush round with me)

Is this OCD??

Diane

Laurie28
26-11-03, 13:20
Not sure if it is OCD Willow but the next time you go could you maybe try and not do your face, hair and teeth?or miss something out?
What do you think will happen if you don't??

Love
Lucky

nomorepanic
26-11-03, 13:44
Willow

There are lots of sufferers out there believe me.

Like Lucky said, try not doing one of the things and see how you feel about it. Did it scare you or did you feel worried that something may happen?

Try it and let us know.

Nicola

paul
29-12-03, 16:27
hello willow i have ocd and i always wash my hands ater i touch something i feel needs to be washed aterwards.i would say it is an ocd tendency you have,but ocd works in different ways for different people,depending on what bothers them.contamination issues are common but the actual rituals can vary,i wouldnt do the cleaning teeth thing ,id do something else.i agree with the others that you should try and resist the ritual ,i have overcome certain rituals by resisting and staying with it.it might not be easy but it can get better.hoped ive helped in some way ,all the best ,paul