PDA

View Full Version : sorry for being silly....but....

linjane
28-04-05, 08:57
Hello,
I'm really sorry for posting about this yet again, but I have been getting scared by my ectopics again, over the last few days.

I am sort of convinced that they are not harming me, but part of me is still really scared of them.

I feel a bit lost now that Tracy68 isn't on here much, as she had the same symptoms as me....please can someone reassure me. Also, as usual, they got worse when my period was due and are still there now. Also, I haven't had much time to post or read anything on here for over a week, just the odd quick read.

Really sorry to be a pest but would be glad of anyones advice.

Thankyou,
Linda.x

henri
28-04-05, 09:18
hey linda,
sorry you've been feeling bad again. i don't get ectopic heartbeats but they sound just as scary as the symptoms i do get (feel like i'm not breathing etc).
keep trying to talk yourself down and tell yourself that the ectopic heartbeats are just part of your anxiety, can't harm you etc. try positive affirmations too.
i really hope you feel better soon
henri xx

Meg
28-04-05, 09:35
Linda,

They are scary BUT they will not harm you . Take a big breath when they happen and a cough to distract yourself from the feelings and move on ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

LisaS
28-04-05, 11:19
hi Linda,
I also get ectopics now and again and I mentioned it to my fantastic doctor and she drew me a picture of what happens with the heartbeat and its just an extra one closer together which gives u that tiny extra little breath or cough. She confirmed it was absolutely nothing to worry about and its just like having a hiccup and does your heart no harm at all. My husband also gets them and he has a mechanical heart valve so if any one had something to worry about it would be him - and he's fine!
You will be totallly fine, its very common..
keep smiling,
Lisa
xxx

tt
28-04-05, 12:25
Hi Linda,
You had helped me less than a month ago. I had the same beats
and I did have another ecg and accepted that is was fine. They are the most common symptom of anxiety. Every book most web-sites and yet so common even with those who do not suffer from anxiety.
Take a deep breath when you feel the first one and see how you can control these with your mind and breathing.
You can do this Linda, you have helped me and convinced me, now you need to convince yourself.

This can go away also instantly when accepted, mine did.

TTT:)

TT:)

Piglet
28-04-05, 13:20
Hi Linda,
This subject was the first post I left a couple of weeks ago to introduce myself.
I got lots of replies and it really reassured me, since then they've all but subsided (just an odd one here and there now) and I knew it was because I'd stopped being scared of them. I'm going to remember that little lesson for the future and in a funny way because my fear of them changed, I now know they were anxiety because my attitude had such a direct physical result in their reduction.
Does that make sense.
Love Piglet:)

seh1980
28-04-05, 13:22
hello Linda,

They can't and won't hurt you and once you accept that, you will start to notice them less and less..

Sarah :D

mojo5
28-04-05, 14:52
Hi Linda

I continue to get ectopic beats and I still hate them but have learned that they won't hurt me.

They tend to occur when stressed / hungry / or recently eaten large meal. Having recognised these patterns, I am much more confident that nothing serious is wrong.

AND more importantly am able to minimise them occuring by relaxing (easier said than done I know), taking good care of yourself ( eating regularly / getting enough sleep / excersice )

When I get them now i kind of go 'wooh, theres one of those ectopics' and then I tell myself 'I know what that is and although I don't like it, I know it's harmess'.

I'm not over them completely myself (although their frequency has dropped a lot ) but - I am leaning to live with them and hope they will go altogether one day.

All the medics, including a private cardiologist (who gets them himself) have told me they are very common and quite harmeless.

Hope this is of some help / reassurance to you.

Best Wishes
Mojo.

linjane
28-04-05, 17:05
Hi,
Thanks everyone for your replies, maybe the more reassurance I have, eventually I will accept they are harmless.

How daft am I? I feel really silly now as I haven't gone on about them for ages and then suddenly over the last few days I let the fear build up again
I think I have to learn to accept that with my lifestyle, I will probably always get them.......just need to deal with them better in future.

I feel much better this afternoon.
Take care,Love, Linda.x

seh1980
28-04-05, 18:13
hi Linda,

Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Things like this can really get to us after the blue even when they haven't bothered us in ages. Don't feel silly for letting them get to you - we all have that!!

Meg
28-04-05, 19:38
Having Blips are a normal way to steadily improve and recover.
You can learn a bit more with each blip and then progress a bit further.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

dizzyd
28-04-05, 20:41
Hi Linda,
This all sounds very familiar only last month it was you reassuring me!
As you know I get these ectopics VERY regularly. Strange though at the moment they aren't worrying me - infact after watching Trauma on TV last night I had an evening of them! I didn't focus on them or check my pulse and they stopped bothering me. Now all that sounds very controlled of me but I am being troubled by another symptom at the moment and I seem to be more focussed on that. In other words 'I haven't got time for Ectopics at the moment!'
(I seem to have weak/unsteady legs at the moment. My mind seems to be able to tell them they are just another un-welcome part of anxiety, most of the time.)
Be re-assured by me while I feel strong because I am certain I will need you to re-assure me another time.
Take care and remember if your ECG was fine, your GP not concerned and you have experienced them on many occasion they won't ever go away - everyone experiences them - just don't pay them any attention. Your Heart Will Not Stop Because Of Them.
Love Dawn x

Karen
29-04-05, 02:37
Hi Linda

Glad you are feeling better. Remember that the ectopics cannot harm you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

linjane
29-04-05, 17:18
Hi,

Thanks for all the reassuring replies. Maybe I will learn from these 'blips' eventually, I really hope so.

I have the ectopics on and off again all day today and have to admit they have still scared me. I had some really strong ones last night walking to the school to collect the kids??? Also, when I take a deep breath in I have been noticing them sometimes as well!

They are strange how the occur and I really wish they would go away and leave me alone!!!!

Love, Linda.xxx

seh1980
29-04-05, 17:36
Linda,

They will go away - you won't have them forever. I used to have them but don't anymore. They just stopped one day after a few days of feeling pretty good..I'm sure it will the same for you..

carlin
29-04-05, 18:52
Hi there,
I had exactly the same thing about a month ago, something i hadn't experienced before (had nearly every other symptom though!) anyway, i read all the posts here and asked a few people, sort of felt re-assured, although never truly believe that, and then just as they came, because i stopped thinking so much about them they went, still get them every now and then, but realise they can't hurt me, wish i could do this with a few of my other symptoms, but i'm getting there! take care.

sal
29-04-05, 23:34
Hi Linda

We all get blips and you will get used to them even though we shouldnt experience them. Just look at how well you have coped this last few months with all you have being through and before that.

Anyone like you would probably be suffering worse after all you have taken on board so you deserve to praise yourself for how well you are doing.

You are a great person, with a heart of gold and have taken things that some off us couldnt have coped with, so dont feel bad about it, just look at how much you have coped with and how much you have achieved.

Im proud of you and admire you and you should do that to yourself aswell.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

pinkscrumpy
30-04-05, 19:53
Hi all

I am new to this site but I wanted to let you know that I have had the ectopics for 6 years and it is still scaring the hell out of me. The funny thing is that as I type this and think about it if nothing has happened to me in 6 years nothing is else I would be dead by now. I find the hardest thing is telling myself that no harm is going to come to me. I am still struggling with that one still now

Take care

With love

Mandie [8D]

linjane
08-05-05, 09:56
Hi,
Sorry for being so repetitive!!!!!!!!

I am still struggling with the ectopics. Yesterday was a bad day. I walked to work for a change, about 1 and a half miles at quite a fast walking pace and even had loads then. I didn't let them stop me doing it but they did scare me. They calmed down by mid morning but I still had odd ones throughout the day.

Please, please please tell me I am ok. I really am worrying about them stupidly again now. Meg, I fully took on board what you said in your PM even though I bet it doesn't sound like I did, but would you mine are occasional even though I get so regularly. Is there anyone else who gets them so often?

I know I'm a nuisance and not being of any help to anyone else at the moment. I am trying so hard but nothing is working. I have started doing my relaxation CD again today as I had let that slip, but in general, since my hubby's been off work, I haven't been so stressed at home, so thinks should be getting better for anxiety levels.

Texted TRACY68 yesterday and she said to say hi to everyone on here.

Linda.x

nomorepanic
08-05-05, 12:12
Hiya Linda

Sorry to hear that you are getting so stressed over this again.

You are not a nuisance atall and we don't mind you posting about this.

I am not much help as I know very little about them but I can appreciate that it must be so hard to ignore them all the time.

Sending you a big hug.

Say Hi back to Tracy from me when you next text her.

Nicola

linjane
08-05-05, 12:15
Hi Nicola,
Thanks for replying, thought everyone was sick of me!lol

I've just posted again under Panic as I'm so scared of them again. Thanks for your hug and I'll say hi to Tracy for you.
Take care,
Linda.x

nomorepanic
08-05-05, 12:32
Linda

I haven't been out of bed very long lol - hence the delay in replying to any posts.

Hope the day goes a bit better for you.

Nicola

Meg
08-05-05, 17:46
You are ok , if it was something of any seriousness at all , you would have additional symptoms.

As soon as the ectopic is over you are back in sync.
Where the ectopoic happens is not in control of the main heart beat rhythm so that is under a completely separate automatic system.

Meg

linjane
08-05-05, 18:08
Hi Meg,
Thanks for still being there for me. I wish I could find a way of dealing with this. Three years is a long time to have had these symptoms and the general panic/anxiety must have gone on for years, probably back to childhood, but I have to find a way of overcoming it now as it is ruling my life again, mainly thoughts, because I still get on and do stuff but have trouble enjoying things because of all the worry.

Do you think I will always have the ectopics and they are something I am going to have to learn to live with? Will they never harm me, no matter if they keep happening? I suppose, logically, I have had them this long so maybe that is the case, but I have to stop thinking there is an underlying illness. I have posted separately on Panic, because I got into such a state earlier, don't know if you could merge the last few posts on there for me, but I even started looking it up on the internet again, which I know is a big mistake.

I am always grateful of any reassurance that can be offered.

Thanks,
Linda.x

carlin
08-05-05, 19:06
Hi Linjane,
You have not been forgotten, nor ignored, nobody gets feds up with anybody here! I can vouch for that! You must try hard to be re-assured by what you have been told, i can promise you they will not hurt you, don't you think something terrible would have happened by now? and eventually the less you notice them the less they will affect you. sounds harsh, but it is the truth. Please keep in touch, you are not bothering anyone, we are all here with the same problem, different symptoms maybe, but we are all in the same boat. xxxx

linjane
08-05-05, 22:54
Thanks for that Carlin, didn't mean I thought you'd all stopped caring but I do go on a bit, plus I've repeated myself on here and in my other post......another thing to worry about, getting old and repeating myself!!!!!lol

Feeling a bit better now hope it keeps up. I've noticed that if I feel anxious from the morning the ectopics seem to be worse during the rest of the day.
Take care,
Love, Linda.x

sal
08-05-05, 23:05
Just remember you will get through this and sorry to have missed this post. Takes time and you know that and you are a strong person with all you have being through and will get through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.