PDA

View Full Version : help me Self-Diagnose

VG30_S12
17-07-08, 19:03
well, i figured that, since i dont really have any money or a doctor to see... im more or less on my own to pull my self out of this... Ive got my Wife for support, but thats about it(which im still gratefull for)

well, this may get lenghthy

As ive said before, up untill alittle while ago, I was fine except the small panic attack every weekend, which would go and I would come back around...
I cant even remeber what happend exactly but ive ever since felt "odd" I really dont know how to describe it but that, I feel more tired, my stoumic is constantly hurting and ive no desire to eat, I find my self becoming more anxious and feel fear welling up... I try to focus on my car projects, but lately I feel sick just thinking about messing with them, where before I probably obsesed about them. I try my absolute best to try and keep my mind on somthing but i cant focus and everything more or less makes me more anxous, and i feel like I dont care about it, ive got TONS of things to do but i just feel like i ran out of give a darn. that and I get emotional more, as i was talking to my wife last night i started to cry, im all out of sorts

the funny thing that i can think of is that, since this, ive not had an actual attack that i can think of... also, very odd... ive noticed that i feel "odd for about %80 of the day, when i get ready to go to bed, in the bed, it feels as though it goes away, last night particulry, I think I felt like myself agian for that breif time...

Im a mechanic, so please forgive me for how im looking at this, as I see a problem, I look for causes and then attempt to fix it, as simple as that. SO, my conclusion is that I my panic attacks has caused a me to become depressed... about what? I have no clue... everything was fine before I picked up my PlayStation3, things were crackin(somewhat) I have a few project cars that I was saving money for,

maybe i can say it this way, I can deal with a few panic attacks(now that i know what they are and that they pose no threat) But im loosing it in this "Cloud" and cant take much more... Ive even posed the though of trying some of the "Puff" to take the edge off and maybe relax alittle... but me and my wife are aginst such things and i didnt want to make it worse, but im getting desparate...

ana
17-07-08, 22:11
Hello!

I understand what you're going through. Firstly, you have to realize that you are not alone. Actually, anxiety is the most common disorder or 'illness' of the 21st century... It can and does happen to all sorts of people, from lawyers, bussinessmen, car mechanics, like yourself...there are no patterns really, it can happen to anyone in any period of their lives.

Secondly, the 'odd' feeling you're describing may be the depersonalization, basically, the panic which manifests itself in various symptoms. The depression you are describing is also common with panic disorders. I've had both anxiety and depression diagnosed when I was still in High school, so I do know how panic can pretty much destroy some of the aspects of your life...:weep: ....Oh, and the reason why you feel ok when you go to sleep is because the day is over and there is nothing left to panic about or stress over. I always feel better in the evenings than in the mornings...

But, the most important thing to keep in mind is that this is a phase which has to end someday. You need to keep on trying to do the things you normally do, especially things that fulfill you and make you happy. You have your wife to support you, which is also a great thing!

Try some of the breathing exercises, maybe start doing sports, or just talk to your wife or someone who you love whenever you feel bad. Talking really helps :)

Best of luck!!! :hugs:

Ana

Alisonj
18-07-08, 05:44
This forum will help tremendously. There are many methods that you can try to make things easier for you. Just read through some posts etc and gather up ideas and more.