PDA

View Full Version : Am pregnant and a bit frightened.

sweet_harmony
17-07-08, 22:41
Hi all,

This will be my 2nd child, my first is 10 years old.
I was diagnosed with post natel depresion after my first wich turned into full blown depresion that i have been treated for for 10 years.
When i found i was pregnant i went to my docs as i was worrid about taking my antidepresion tablets. He weaned me of over a week so far am ok am going into my 4th week without them. I have been a little imotional (tv programs have a cry lol) but all else is going ok.
Am a little worrid about relapsing after the birth it tererfies me to be honest as when i was first diagnosed i was so ill. What do you think the chances of relapsing will be?
Would apreciated any feedback thanks guys.:)

Worried worrier!
17-07-08, 22:58
Hi hun, i had post natal depression/amxiety after my chlidren. I was weaned off of seroxat both times i got pregnant.
Due to alot of anxiety i was given an antidepressant that was suitable for use in pregnancy but i really can't remember what it was called. Ask your gp about it.
If you are really afraid about the same thing happening again, it may be worth seeing if you could book in councilling sessions for after your due date just in case. I'm sure your gp will give you some good advice. x

marie1974
17-07-08, 23:08
hi hun i got 3 children and had pnd with 2 of mine quite bad and the 3rd i had nothing and i think it helped cos 3rd time round i had more support from hubby which i didnt get with 1st too. my doc did keep eye on me cos i was worried but i stayed really positive and relaxed and made sure hubby helped me abit (poor thing went back to work for a rest) lol. as soon as i could i went out walking with the pram too exercise is good. hugs to u xx

Hope 2
18-07-08, 01:36
Hi Sweet Harmony

I was like you, had my daughter and then PND.....etc, so I can relate.
I think the 'good' thing here is that you kinda know the warning signs now and therefore can get help asap. Ask when you go for next ante natal appointment, what they can offer you, support wise. And you can always come on here of course too xx

Congrats btw :flowers:
Hope xx

sweet_harmony
18-07-08, 13:46
:) Thanks all,

Donna like you i had no support with my first this time i will have loads as i am with some one else lol hes great and very supportive.
Thank you all for your replys.:hugs: :yesyes:

Hope 2
18-07-08, 14:23
Hey there hun, just remember you got us lot here if yah ever need an ear :winks: xx

Hope xx

Oceanblue
18-07-08, 16:04
I had PND after my first child. I had to leave my son's dad when I was three months pregnant because of him being violent, haven't seen him since, and so I didn't have any support. I developed PND and it was horrible. But, now I have alittle girl with my current partner who is brill and supportive and I didn't suffer with PND, the support helped so much, just a dad being there and loving his own baby was a great feeling.

It's best to talk to your doctor about your fears and he/she can then give you some options regarding the possibility of developing PND again. I truly believe though, that as you went through such a rough time before, you will regcognise the signs, and you can tackle the problem if you to get this a second time round. I'd imagine that you could also deal with the PND much better than before aswell.

Hoping you have a worry free pregnancy and birth, and also hoping that PND stays clear away this time round.

Wishing you luck :flowers: x

sandlin
20-07-08, 20:44
Hey

As long as you are not breast feeding you can start meds again after delivery and in some cases you can have hormone patches to help you balance again after delivery

Linda xx

marie1974
20-07-08, 21:02
hiya sweet, yes i think your circumstances def effect the way we feel and if u got lots of support u will be fine hun. i think thats why i didnt have it with my 3rd one cos i had more support from hubby. keep positive hun and make the most of the help u get hugs xxx

sweet_harmony
21-07-08, 13:40
:blush: I just want to say am so glad i have joined this group :D
You are all so supportive Love to all.:bighug: :emot-giggle:

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 14:38
Hi Sweet,

Well I have 5 children. I was diagnosed with PND when my 3rd was 11 months old, he is 13yrs this year. I didnt have any support then either. With my last 2 ages now 4 and 5, I had loads of support from my husband. The doctors were aware and tried to do a lot of relaxation exercises. All went well.

I do still get anxiety, but I am not as bad as I was all those years ago. Try not to worry to much and Im sure the doctors will watch you.

Remember we are all here aswell xx

sweet_harmony
11-08-08, 17:38
:flowers: Thanks EmmaJane.:)

Jay1979
11-08-08, 19:15
Hi hun , I too was diagnosed with PND 19 months ago so wanted to give you a big :hugs: .

I think you should def talk with your GP and HV so they can make sure you have the support you need :winks:

sweet_harmony
24-11-09, 14:44
Hi all not been on for a while well an update lol i have had twin boys Alfie and charlie i am back on my meds but havent as yet sufferd with bad pnd am to busy to be ill i have my good days but i also have my bad days iv had so much support from my partner and have found this is a big help i hope you are all well.xxxx Jo.:D

ames6767
24-11-09, 15:38
I had pnd with my first pregnancy and was terrified when I was expecting my second but I didn't get it the second time round as I think
I didn't have the first time mum fears and knew what I was doing a little and you have your first child to keep you on your toes. So it doesn't mean you will definitely get it this time. Good luck and keep posistive xx

pooh
29-11-09, 02:04
Hi there Im 21 weeks pregnant at the mo. I stopped using my diazepam and weened myself of my fluoxetine was pretty emotional going initially but I've settled down now. My son is 13 so its a long time since I've had a baby too. My doc has referred me for psychiatric testing pre and post birth to assess for any signs of developing PND as a precaustion. Although I didnt have first time round and I have no expectations of developing it this time either, I think its just a nie measure to be taking I have to say Im getting one helluva care package largely because im almost 37 and considered ancient lol
Hope all goes well with you

Pooh