PDA

View Full Version : Heart Palpatations - advice pleaseeeeeee!!!!

angieb
28-04-05, 10:49
OK - as a result of my excitement yesterday re my new job I tried to ignore my nausia and churny tummy and clocked it up as excitement - not anxiety - then low and behold I bent over to pick something up off teh floor when BAM I had a attack of heart palpatations the first so severe it made me catch my breath. Sat down for a while and calmed,m I ocassionally get light palps with the monthlies so just told myself that. Then I went to pick Millie up from school (which I have been doing really well with) when standing at the gate I started to get more palpatations only this time they kept coming, I walked back to the car shaking telling myself this will pass in a mo but it did not, it felt like someone had turned a tap on in my chest one beat then just a flo then repeated. They lasted all the way home in teh car about 5 mins and then on and off for a couple of hours.

I hate to admit it but I am for the first time in weeks scared again:( I am trying to get my home office sorted today and am doing everything so gingerly convinced I will start them off again.

Also (and please don't shout at me!) - made the mistake of looking on another site that said sometimes panic & anxiety symptoms mimic real heart issues ...arghhhhh WHAT HAVE I DONE[:O]

lainey
28-04-05, 10:55
Hi Angie

Firstly, stop surfing the net looking for answers it will make you more anxious than ever.
It's probably all to do with everything that happened yesterday.
At least you are carrying on and getting on with things which is the best thing to do.

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
28-04-05, 10:57
Angie ,

Is there a pattern here ?? I seem to remember that previously you've mentioned they started when you bent over .. If so, maybe you need to remember to squat down rather than bend over .

You may have an irritable SA node that is sensitive to movement and positioning .. Its still not a problem at all but you may be able to help yourself not start off a sequence.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

angieb
28-04-05, 11:07
Arggg OMG irritable SA node what is that, does this mean there could actually be a fault in my heart???????

Meg
28-04-05, 11:21
Nothing wrong at all.

It is not a fault in any way, just a positional thing, like when pregnant -certain positions irritate the baby and it moves more, it certainly doesn't stop it doing its job fully.

So think back, does it mostly start when you bend over

angieb
28-04-05, 11:28
I AM A COMPLTE FOOL - Just been searching on net re heart and read stuff I really should not have read about stress, anxiety and the heart - won't repeat it here but needless to say am now sat here in tears.

Meg, I have a very distinct memory of a bad attack of pals about 15-16 years ago whilst bending over stirring horse feeds (in a hurry stessed) and I have been through labour twice since then, can't put much more strain on the heart than that surely? So am trying to pacify myself with that thought.

Yesterday it did start when I bent forward, and stopped after I had a long soak in the bath. I have not had any today but am picking Millie and her friend up tonight (coming home for tea) and what if I get more in the church this afternoon - I need to turn of my fear of them ASAP!!!!

Meg
28-04-05, 11:36
Your heart is fine Angie and you're right, pregnancy does put a lot of stress on the heart so take reassurance from that..

You and your heart are both fine.. I'm happy to talk it through with you if you want to.

angieb
28-04-05, 12:10
OK - major panic over - had a huge word with myself (and meg!!!!! thank you for that so much) - and have now got a grip[}:)]

Sorry for posting so full of fear and panic, very self idulgent. I have taken stock of all if the positives, I have not had ANY palps today (small wonder really with the self inflicted stress this morning) so am going to put it down to bending forward, stress and adrenelin - NOTHING ELSE!!!

Better get on with sorting out my office now...thank you all for coming to my aid so quickly...Angelina x[:I]

seh1980
28-04-05, 13:18
Angie,

Glad you are feeling better and reassured. In the future, don't look things up on the net!! lol

Sarah :D

sal
28-04-05, 23:57
Angie

Judge it how you feel and not what others have experienced as that can lead to more pressure as you know hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
29-04-05, 02:18
Glad you are now feeling better Angie.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

linjane
30-04-05, 21:25
Hi Angie,
I feel like I've neglected you because I haven't e-mailed you for ages, I'm really sorry and will e-mail you soon. How are you now. I can totally appreciate what you have been going through, as you know I suffer with ectopics nearly every day, and I still let them scare me!

Hope you are feeling better now. We are off to Weston Super Mare tomorrow, till Monday, but I PROMISE to e-mail you on Tuesday. Please don't think I had forgotten about you and its no excuse, its just that I have been so busy with work,kids house etc.....the list goes on.

Take good care of yourself,
Speak to you soon,
Love, Linda.xxx

julie71
18-11-07, 20:12
hi i need some advice please.sorry to bother everyone.i sometimes wake at night and all of a sudden my pulse rate shoots up.one day a couple of weeks ago they took me into hospital cos it was over 140.i was put on ecg monitor and told i was fine just a fast rate a sinus tachy i think they called it.i only suffer with it at night when wake up throught the night.is there anyone else that suffers with this.i get told im fine but its quite scary sometimes when ur heart feels like its going to jump out of ur chest.

DebsH
18-11-07, 20:23
HI Julie.

I get these often and have for a long time. They can be very scary I know.

I get the thing at night when I'm fast asleep and wake up and my heart is racing out of control. My hubby's away at the moment and I've been finding it really hard to sleep cos I keep waking up and my heart racing. Not sure what it's all about other than I've something on my mind and I'm now waiting for it to happen so therefore probably making it happen. I also get them just before my periods too. I've had a few missed heartbeats in quick succession whilst in an important meeting and had to stop which was rather embarrassing!

They are scary but do pass and you're keeping going which is really good.

And I agree, don't read too many other websites!!!

Debs