PDA

View Full Version : miserable

kestral
18-07-08, 00:47
the doctor has got my bp under control but now i may be heading for possible diabetes, my weight having increased maybe because i take beta blockers. added to this im now getting funny heart rhythms and a pulse that bounces all over for several beats. these are not new to me but they keep coming back and they always make me feel jittery.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif
alan

kestral
19-07-08, 10:45
even more miserable now i realise theres no support on this website, but i suppose its the way in this society.

berkshiregirl
19-07-08, 10:49
you poor thing sounds like you have been having a real time of it, i dont suffer with heart problems but am here if you want to talk xxx

kestral
19-07-08, 18:19
thanks for taking the trouble to reply berkshire girl, its good to know theres someone out there. i would extend the courtesy you have shown in offering you my ear if you need to talk.
best wishes
alan

lesleya
19-07-08, 18:53
Hi Kestral
Sorry your having a rough time of it just now. I cant help you about your heart problems but i am a diabetic non-insulin dependant, but on meformin tablets. So if i can help you in any way pm me anytime.
Take care

Rachey poos
21-07-08, 19:30
hi i have them real bad...no one knows do they...i have them for about 15 mins one after the other ...like a panic attack but with ectopics ...horrid...pm me if you want...i care hun x cos i know how they destroy your life..i cant go for a walk due to them xx

kestral
23-07-08, 18:06
sorry about not replying earlier but my laptop as only just come back from repair. my blood tests came back and was marked satisfactory by the gp. he says it will need rechecking in 6 months time. have you been checked out by the doc, rachey?
what reading have you for diabetes lesleya?
thanks again to you for your replies,
alan.

Vicki08
23-07-08, 22:34
My heart rate does some strange things too. Sometimes it beats fast, sometimes it beats too slow, it misses beats, thuds, flutters, jumps and sometimes I get lots of pain too. For example, today while I was cleaning my car, my heart rate was fairly slow - about 60ish which was odd because I was hot and doing physical activity! but while I am sitting here all relaxed it is doing 90 beats a minute and missing beats! I just dont get it! I know how horrible it is and I do feel for you.
I have had 3 ECG's and blood tests.....all normal. I think the key is to just accept and let them happen. Easier said then done and believe me, I am still trying my hardest to accept these odd feelings.
This site has been a real help - just knowing that I am not alone is a great comfort.

Vicki x

Rachey poos
23-07-08, 23:24
Hi hun, I dont have diabees...i dont think why do you ask?

Mikke
24-07-08, 02:24
Remember that catching one of these little buggers on ecg doesn't necesseraly reassure you.
I had one while doing my second ecg, called a supra ventricular extra beat (in my language), ectopic heart beat in english.
I felt ok for two days, then had a nasty skipped beat during excersice, and immediately started the nasty habbit of thinking negatively - having read that they usually never come about when working out.
It is the constant stress of thinking about them that brings them on, I think. It causes stresshormones to flood our system on a very regular basis. Try to distract yourself from thinking too much about them.