PDA

View Full Version : Shaking symptoms-help!!!!

mothermac
18-07-08, 01:32
Just had a horrible experience and it has really scared me. I woke up suddenly,I felt I was breathing ok and my legs were shaking. I got up,went to the loo and they were literally shaking inside(all I can describe it like, is if you were in the artic and freezing to death,literally knocking together)
I know it may have been panic but I was asleep for god sake,warm enough and I wasn't dreaming. I am getting scared now cos shaking isn't normal,I am thinking panic attacks all the time but what if they arn't? I could have something else more serious,please help!

Bill
18-07-08, 02:19
I wasn't dreaming

I am thinking panic attacks all the time

Hmm, you just don't remember that you were dreaming. :winks: You are worrying all day so your worries are with you when you're asleep all night. Your worrying causes restless sleep which then wakes you with panic symptoms during the night.

The key is to learn not to worry so much about everything by finding practical ways to ease the things you're worrying about. If you can't do anything about a worry, there's no point worrying about it. If you can do something about a worry, then work towards that goal and you'll sleep better because you'll feel you're getting somewhere and achieving something.:hugs:

lesleya
18-07-08, 08:01
Hi
I get the same thing sometimes. I wake up and my whole body shakes as if i was shivering with the cold...it wears off after 20 mins half an hour but its scary. The first time it happened it freaked me out, and i wrapped myself in my fur throw till i felt better. I came across a post a few months later from someones on nmp who was suffering with exactly the same...so i realised it was just panic...which seemed to calm me down because i know it wont hurt me. I dont know why it happens, as i cant remember having a bad dream or anything, but i had been particularly anxious for a few days beforehand.
Its happened a few times since, but it doesnt freak me out as much now so i try to distract myself but make sure i keep warm too. I hope your feeling better now hun.
Take care
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mothermac
18-07-08, 10:08
Thanks to Bill and Lesleya for replying,and yes Bill I know you are right on the worrying front.There isn't a day that goes by without some form of hideous thought running through my brain,whether it's to do with Gary driving or money there's always something. I suppose if you are feeling anxious during the day the body will react in our sleep. I hope my counselling will help but it's a long time coming(I have to wait a few more weeks apparently)Il'l just have to hang on in there.