PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion Query

precious78
18-07-08, 09:07
Does anyone get bouts of indigestion? I am a little worried as I have had what I assume is indigestion for about 4-5 days.

I keep burping and my throat feels dry and my chest is burning under my ribs.

Does anyone have any good solutions?

I am hoping this is all it is but of course your mind wanders. I seem to have bouts of a few days every so often. I don't know if it is something I'm eating.

lorac
18-07-08, 09:18
Hi precious

Have you tried boiling some water letting it cool a little then sipping it.

Indigestion can last for a few days and it is uncomfortable isn't it. Have you tried some indigestion tablets they might work or try rubbing the area you have the problem in and see if you can move it. Sorry not much help but that is what I would try.

Hope it goes soon

Carol

precious78
18-07-08, 09:26
Forgot to ask what symptoms people get with theirs?

precious78
18-07-08, 09:28
lorac I'm sipping peppermint tea at the moment and I have tried bicarbonate of soda in water. All helps but it just comes back until it's had it's fussy out.

jill
18-07-08, 13:13
Hi hun,

I feel with idigestion, it depends on what the cause is, it is true that indigestion can be casued with what we eat, we have to look at our food carfully and alimate foods, put them back in if its not that food, take foods away, to find out if it is foods, ohh boy, this can take along time.

But I allso know, this was one of my daughters main symptoms, hers was causeed my anxiety, it lasted on and off for, mmm, I don't feel it is right to say how long, it may contain triggers for some people, so I will say, awhile.

Her symptoms where,

The feeling off being full,
nausa
chest pain (she was only young at the time, so she called it pain)
burning in throat
tummy hurt

These symptoms for my daughter when she was acute, MAY come all at once or she just may have 1 symptoms or 1 or 3, at ditterent times, it came on differently.

What I do know is, as she learned to manege her anxeity, the less this symptom got. This symptom now, comes on her very few and far between, mainly when she is doing something she had not done before and feels a little anx about, but it ALWAYS passes.

It is good to ask on here what other people recomend for this hun, there are many, many remidies, ask your chemist, find what works for you..

Please, please, DON'T let Mrs anxiety play with you on this hun,YOU HAVE indigetion, which alot of people get (even people who don't sufer pa's, anxiety) if you can't get peace of mind from this site or give yourself peace of mind, talk to your chemist, they are good these days, peace of mind goes along way.

Hope this has helped a little, even if its just knowing your not alone.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX