PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Lisab
18-07-08, 11:09
Hi all
My name is Lisab, and I have suffered from Anxiety from an early age, but have only had a few big 'crisis' episodes, one of which i am struggling to cope with at the moment.

I feel as if i am the only person in the world feeling like this, and that the feelings will never go away. I have a lovely family, a good job, and good health, so beat myself up about feeling like this.

It will be great to speak to people who are like me, and have been there, and got through how i am feeling right now.

I know i will get better, I know that this will be a distant memory in a few weeks, but at the moment, i cant imagine life without the constant beating heart, nausea, irrational thinking, and all consumingworry.
I look forward to your wisdom friends.
:hugs:

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 18:27
Did you mean to close this thread?

I have re-opened it for you.

:welcome: aboard

Southern_Belle
18-07-08, 18:50
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

beri
18-07-08, 18:59
hiya lisa :welcome:

jeni xxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
18-07-08, 19:44
mmmm irrational thinking, all consuming worry ??

thats sounds like me too,

welcome to nmp

milly xxxx

JoT
18-07-08, 21:00
Hi Lisa, welcome!

I know just how you feel too, I have always been anxious since I was little, most of the time I just deal with it without much probs and have some serious episodes occasionally like you (I am just recovering from one now and my last one was 2 yrs ago).

I think some of us who have happy lives are terrified of something awful happening to ruin it - so we are imagining what could go terribly wrong and it brings on the panic and anxiety.

It does pass though :)

Jo x

lorac
18-07-08, 21:44
Hi Lisa

:welcome: to the site you will find many people on here who will offer good advise and support.

Take care

Carol

Nibbles
18-07-08, 22:53
Hi Lisa and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
19-07-08, 00:59
Hi Lisa

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lisab
19-07-08, 10:19
Wow! Thanks so much for your warm welcome! it really helps to know I am with friends.
Had a bad day yesterday - but today seems, so far, to be a bit better. maybe the med increase is starting to kick in. I have also started a on-line Cog Beh course which has got me to start challanging my thinking when the 'aniexity fairy' starts flapping her wings.
Still wondering if i will ever feel 'normal' again, but i suppose, thats, well normal!!!
thanks for you kind words, I will keep in touch

Lisab
xx

Lisab
19-07-08, 10:21
Thanks Jo - you hit the nail on the head i think!
How long does it take you to recover from these serious bouts? the last one i had this bad was about 6 years ago, so I cant remember...

Lisab
19-07-08, 10:22
Doh! thanks!

lorac
19-07-08, 10:34
Hello Lisab

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advise and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Lindalou64
20-07-08, 14:12
Hello Lisa And Welcome To The Site .......wish Ya Well........linda

titchjd
20-07-08, 14:35
Hi Lisa hope you are felling ok
I totally understand how you feel I myself am strugling at the moment ..had to call NHS direct on Thur cause I felt like I was cracking up .....I was thinking irrational my body was trembling heart beating fast and very faint .
I have always sufered with anxiety but this episode was very scary ....Ive looked at CBT aswell and Im waiting for an anxiety mangement course appointment but feel like I'll never be 'normal again'.

I just have 2 keep telling my self that it will pass and try and think of positive things when feeling anxious (very hard when u feel so ill ) xxx
hope you are keeping well and please feel free 2 message me anytym xxxx

weeble40
21-07-08, 15:59
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

JoT
21-07-08, 18:40
Thanks Jo - you hit the nail on the head i think!
How long does it take you to recover from these serious bouts? the last one i had this bad was about 6 years ago, so I cant remember...

Hi again Lisa, sorry didn't see your reply until today. Last time I had my bout of this anxiety I started to recover after about 1 mth - with the help of fluoxetine and CBT, and it is helping me again during this episode.

I have had previous episodes and taken no medication and I took about the same amount of time to recover, but the symptoms were stronger and I suffered more before I got better - the medication has made it more bearable this time.

When I say "recover", I am never completely free of anxious feelings, I don't ever expect to be free of them because it is part of my personality, but I could just cope with the anxiety better - like a normal person rather than making them into total panic attacks. Does that make sense? :D

Hope you are feeling better now, feel free to PM me if you would like to talk more.

Jo x