PDA

View Full Version : we are home!

bluesparkle
18-07-08, 13:35
well i didnt think i would be posting here after my post tue i had got myself in a right panic.
well i have done it ! took my daughter in for her op and we have both survived.lol
i wanted to post here because i want to give other people hope that things do improve and although never easy for us we CAN do it.
i would normally make every excuse under the sun not to do something like this but there is just me now and my other children.
i have no idea why mr anxiety got quite such a grip on tue morn but he did but i was not going to give in.(after a few kind words from people on here).
anyway i got up thur morn at 5.30am as we had to be on ward at 7am. . . didnt feel to bad until it was time to go to the operating theatre. . . when we got there i was handed a gown hat etc. . . hmmm theatre number 8 has no anasthetic room you go straight into theatre, i wanted to run i was shaking so hard but then i looked at my daughter if i wasnt there for her who would be, so i told her i would see her into the room then leave(my get out clause) but i didnt run i stayed until she had fallen asleep.
she was gone just over four hours. . . oh my god i think thats the longest four hours ever.
panic came and went a few times but i stuck it out. . .
i came home last night leaving youngest in hospital it was something we had discussed before and she wanted me to do, once i got home(10pm) i felt so guilty and a bad mother but i really tried to keep the anxiety/panic at bay.she rang me in tears but i went up first thing this morning and am now home with her here.
i am exhausted people dont understand how achieving something like this takes it out of us both mentally and physically.
but i once again want to thank everyone on here for all there support and for listening to me time and time again.
and also to people who think i wont be able to do that. . . you will in time and dont be to hard on yourself if things dont go exactely to plan just keep trying.
rach
x

milly jones
18-07-08, 13:41
hi rach

im really glad it all went well, and u managed to face the fear and conquer it.

its amazing what we can do to help our special ppl

continue taking steps forward

really well done

milly xxx

yorkylover
18-07-08, 14:46
Well Done Rach:yahoo:
Glad everything went ok.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Cathy V
18-07-08, 14:59
Yes well done. Hope you daughter is ok too?
Best wishes
Cathy xxx

Southern_Belle
18-07-08, 15:20
Hi Rachel,

I know how difficult it is to be in hospitals as time does seem to stand still in them. You fought the panic and won and I'm sure your daughter was glad you went into the theatre with her. I hope she recovers quickly.

Love and hugs,

Laura xxx

marie1974
18-07-08, 16:04
awww very well done u and hope your daughter is ok and home soon. hugs to u xxxxxx

kazzie
18-07-08, 16:08
Glad it all went well Rach:)

Big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you and your Daughter

Luv Kaz x:hugs:

beri
18-07-08, 16:11
:yesyes: well done rach

jeni xxxxxxxx:bighug1:

Piglet
18-07-08, 16:56
Oh well done hun - you've both been brilliant!!!:hugs: :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

bluesparkle
18-07-08, 16:57
thank you all so much. . .
but without this site i wouldnt have achieved any of this.
yes youngest is doing ok very sore and very tired but a good nights sleep in her own bed will help.
i have to bandage her head before she goes to bed so that should be worth a giggle. . . and she has three medacines which we have already got in a muddle with lol
rach
x

diane07
18-07-08, 20:25
Aww rach,

A huge well done to you hun, such a brave cookie, and we're all so proud of you, and of course to your girl.

hugs and kisses to rach and daughter.

Di xx

bluesparkle
18-07-08, 23:23
thank you :hugs:
rach
x