PDA

View Full Version : throat issues

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:10
i thought id update this to let you all no that i couldnt take no more with thwent to see the doctor who had a good look down my throat today and reassured me that what i have is globus something or other whatever that is im trying really hard to take in what she said she said the throat was clear not sure how far down the throat she can see but there we go also let her noo that i had a problem with food sticking and she assurred me it wasnt cancer or nothing recent bloods would have showed up something in the white blood cells not expecting anyone to respond after announcing everyone thought i was a fake well let me tell you i wish it was all made up asi could have dealt with life then instead of worrying everyday take care to you all that helped me hope your worries all turn into nothing kind regards joyce

marie1974
18-07-08, 22:15
hi joyce i am really pleased u been to doctors and they have told u there is nothing wrong and u r all fine, it was just hard for us all trying to advise u and u were just repeating and not listening. we have had a few people who come on here for a a laugh which upsets people who give there free time to help. we were all really worried cos it seemed u just was not listening and that we were not able to help u. im really pleased u manage to get it sorted. hugs to u xx

milly jones
18-07-08, 22:17
glad that the docs put ur mind at rest hunny

milly xx

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 22:18
Joyce

I have Globus Pharyngis but you may have Globus Hystericus.

Hope the doc reassured you anyway that it is not serious and about the blood test results too.

Joyce - we are soemtimes wary of people on here that only ever post their own posts and never venture outside of one forum and post the same thing over and over again and never really reply.

I did PM you but you won't reply so not sure what else I can do :shrug:

Maybe now you could take some time to give something back to members on here and reply to them and help them.

We have a few pregnant ones that need support and advice.

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:21
was even able to eat tonight without food feeling stuck she seemed to have a gd look at my throat even presxribed me anti depressants that is suitable for me and baby just need to stop the constant swallowing as i think thats why my throat feels so tight does anybody no how far own a throat the doctor can actually see thanks for replying

Cathy V
18-07-08, 22:22
Nic??

marie1974
18-07-08, 22:23
wow glad u so positive now joyce that a really good thing. like nic says lots of people on here need advice mayb u can help them too. hugs xx

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:23
well i dont no what that globus thing neans she was sure thats what it was she put me on anti deppresants also today for me and baby but i also need to relax to stop the constant swallowing as i feel thats a big part of why my throat feels the way it does it came to the point where i was scared to ea or drink incase it was going to stick what do you think nic

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:24
and what is your problem tonite

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 22:25
Cathy?

Joyce - I am surprised she has prescribed you anti-depressants - which ones and what dose. Surely that is not a good idea with the pregnancy so far gone?

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:29
she di d not sure how far down the throat she could see though but she did say that i wasnt ill but could see i was very anxious looking when i saw her but my biggest fear the now is eating incase of something getting stuck but had afew things tonite and i didnt think about it and just ate it still feels like theres something there when i swallow in the corner of my throat or top of my mouth but im sure its just sensations and nothing more

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:31
she has prescribed something thats safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding which is sertraline 50 mg

marie1974
18-07-08, 22:31
well atleast u know its only anxiety related and nothing serious now so u can concentrate on relaxing and u and your baby. im pleased u got this sorted joycexxx

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 22:33
Joyce

Personally I would not take it and wait until the baby is born. These are not good meds for a baby to have so why not wait until he/she is born.

I really disagree with medication when pregnant I am afraid - it is one of my pet hates!

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:34
she has prescribed sertraline 50 mg

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:34
do you no this one like

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 22:38
I do NOT like any medication when pregnant. Give the baby a chance and not pump it full of drugs at such a young age.

Read this ....

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:9Y7vTJIm9rwJ:www.otispregnancy.org/pdf/zoloft.pdf+sertraline+pregnancy&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

It is not to scare you - it is to warn you!

marie1974
18-07-08, 22:43
i think joyce u should forget the throat thing now hun as u have got it sorted now and try to help others on her now cos everyone been great helping u.

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:44
thanks nic i only have a few weeks to go so i will wait till he is born before i start taking this thanks again

joyce99
18-07-08, 22:45
just one more question before i do is a gurgling noise common after swallowing please just noticed that now

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 22:46
Joyce

Have a hunt round now for the other expectant mums - use the search facility and enter the word pregnant.

You can all compare notes etc and maybe you can help them too.

marie1974
18-07-08, 22:48
goodluck joyce with baby im glad u been given ALL CLEAR and NOTHING WRONG hun, u must b e happy, i hope u can meet other mums on here and giv some advice xxx

joyce99
18-07-08, 23:30
is gurgling noises common in anxiety

nomorepanic
18-07-08, 23:32
everything is normal lol