PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram "nervous"

apple66
19-07-08, 08:27
Hi after having Mirtazapine "Once" knocked me out for 2 days the Doctor prescribed me Citalopram 20g {for anxiety}, don't know why but feel anxious [what a suprise lol] about taking it for the first time, i did take it 4 years ago but stopped, i feel like Neo in the Matrix kinda, i suppose you just got to have a bit of faith eh.
:)

Anna78
19-07-08, 09:09
Hi

I was really nervous about takeing citalopram to start with and then ever time the doc increased my meds. Im on 30mg now and im so glad i stuck with it now.

Annax

scrumpy78
19-07-08, 09:11
if you read some of the posts below you'll see that all of us are/were nervous about taking it, mainly because ofthe side effects. The side effects don't affect everyone, and if they do, they are short lived. You may feel a bit lousy for a few days, but citalopram really does work for anxiety and you will start to feel better in a few weeks. Its normal to feel nervous, but the way i see it, whats a few days of nausea and tiredness for a lifetime free of panic attacks! I've been taking them for the second time for about 5 days now and don;t feel any worse that i was doing anyway with the anxiety for weeks beforehand. And i'm going to start feeling better real soon, so stick with and read the threads below as there is some reassuring advice. good luck

apple66
19-07-08, 09:16
Cheers guys gonna give it a shot!

milly jones
19-07-08, 14:07
i would echo the pervious posts

ive been on it 3 months, up to 40mg and get little side effects now.

much improved to the me before the meds

its worth trying to get the therapy too to deal with the anx so when ur ready to come off the meds, ull be in more control of the anx

milly xx

apple66
19-07-08, 15:42
Ok started my prescription with trepidation but felt and feel fine if anything a little heavey headed, cheers for support ;-]

andrewc
19-07-08, 18:48
Hi

Dont worry the side effects if any soon go away. Stick to the tablets and they will help you. Dont attribute everything you feel down to the tablets as we all tend to do. It is the anxiety that causes most of the suspicions.

Best of luck

Andy