PDA

View Full Version : new to site

chiko
19-07-08, 11:53
Hi

I have been suffering from GAD and social phobia for about 16 years now. Thought it was about time I spoke to others with similar problems.

I have been really ill recently, not sleeping, horrible physical symptons, thinking that I have cancer or other fatal illness, banging my head against the wall (literally), now I think my excessive anxiety has made me depressed.

I came of anti-depressants about 6 mths ago after 10 years of use. I really don't want to go back on them again but feeling that I can't cope. As others are probably aware it is v.differcult to get GP's to understand or help with mental health problems. How bad do you need to be before the NHS will help you?

My partner is finding it increasingly differcult to deal with my illness. Does anyone know of any support groups for partner's, friends of people with mental health problems?

Melissa :blush:

lorac
19-07-08, 12:02
Hello Chiko

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advise and support on here.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
19-07-08, 13:19
hi melissa

dealing with anx and dep is hard hun

nmp is great for both sufferers and partners to vent their feelings

welcome to the site

milly xxxx

Southern_Belle
19-07-08, 13:34
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Yes, I was going to agree with what Milly stated, we have many carers here on the forum too.

Take care,

Laura

Lilith1980
19-07-08, 19:23
Hi Chiko

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
19-07-08, 22:14
Hiya Chiko.
Welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You hubbie is more than welcome to come on here to for support and how to help and understand things better. keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxx

Alisonj
20-07-08, 05:57
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum!

jesse08
20-07-08, 07:22
Hi Chiko, welcome to NMP. Hope you get to meet some new friends and have fun!!

Lindalou64
20-07-08, 14:10
Hello Melissa And Welcome To The Site ......wish Ya Well......linda

3DG Fangirl
21-07-08, 03:10
Hi Chiko! :welcome: to NMP. I sort of know how you feel; I have GAD and social phobia, too. I really hope someone can help you.:)

India

weeble40
21-07-08, 15:48
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

nomorepanic
21-07-08, 21:16
Hi Melissa

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Nechtan
22-07-08, 14:39
Hi Melissa,

Yes it's very hard to get our partners to understand as without experiencing the symptoms it's impossible to relate to them. We know ourselves how irrational it can be. I hope you find some understanding there and it's something I should really do myself for my wife who shoulders everything with little complaint.

All the best

Nechtan