PDA

View Full Version : in a dark place

rog1
19-07-08, 12:02
Hi, new to this site
I have started taking sertraline 2 weeks ago and have seen no benefit yet, if anyone can give me some reassurance I would appreciate it. All I can feel and see is bleakness and blackness, and I'm clutching at any straw that comes alone..
thankyou
Rog

Nechtan
19-07-08, 13:11
Hi Rog and welcome,

I'm new myself here but just wanted to say things will get better and I hope you are soon out of that dark place. I'm not on medication myself so can't vouch for what you are taking but I would say from my own point of view understanding has helped me alot. My biggest fears came from not understanding what was happening to me never mind how to cope with it. When you understand that the body is doing what is natural and that although the sensations are foreign to us they are not dangerous then it helps. That's just my own view though.

I think joining here you have made the first step in a positive direction. There are lots of great individuals here of a like mind who will help you along the way.

All the best

Nechtan

milly jones
19-07-08, 13:14
hi hunny

a big nmp welcome to u

hate those dark places too

hugs

milly xxx

Southern_Belle
19-07-08, 13:31
Hi Rog,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I felt worse before better when starting my meds (although it wasn't what you are taking) and it was probably 3 weeks before I started to get the benefit of them. Hang in there.

Take care,

Laura

Lilith1980
19-07-08, 19:22
Hi Rog

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
19-07-08, 22:10
Hiya Rog
Welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here
Give you meds more time to work for yu ok , everyone is different but lots of meds can take anything from 2 to 8 wks to work.
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends while you are here. keep posting and we will help you as much as we can and hopefuly help you come out of that dark place you are in at the moment.

take care

kellie.xxxxx

Lindalou64
20-07-08, 14:11
Hello Rog And Welcome To The Site ......wish Ya Well.........linda

weeble40
21-07-08, 16:01
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

lorac
21-07-08, 17:42
Hello Rog

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advise and support on here.

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
21-07-08, 21:10
Hi Rog

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help