PDA

View Full Version : what to do, i just don't know anymore.

hendey
19-07-08, 16:16
well where to start, i've been having chest pains, and back pains, sometimes quite severe for a while now, also got terrible left leg pains. got swelling around my neck palms and feet, usually after i eat, or take a vitimin pill, i get a really funny head, like i'm going to pass out our something, i'm booked for an endoscopy in two weeks. the docotors seem to think this will find everything that is wrong with me, and as such everytime i go they just keep telling me to wait, i'm often in agaony, i also get on and off stomach pains.
I honestly don't think my doctors are taking me sorusly anymore on account of the amount of times i've seen them.

should i just go to the hospital today, or wait it out, i honsetly don't think i can wait two weeks and i am worried what damage is occuring inside my body.

anybody with any advice.

i've had ecg checks and blood tests but they were over a month ago now.

diane07
19-07-08, 18:55
Aww poor you,

i suppose it depends how bad it is, if i was in so much pain i would just go, how long roughly has it been going on and are the pains worse now than when they first started. Sometimes the hospital tell you to go back to your gp depending if it is not an emergency.

Di xx

hendey
19-07-08, 19:08
thanks for your reply, well its been happening for about 3 months, started with chest pains and palpatations then in the last months or so, i've been getting the swelling and the back pains, and the leg pains.

it's sad, i wish i'd faint or something, so i can legitmitly go to hospital and not be laughed out.

just seems theres no end insight, the pain comes and goes, sometimes i'lll feel okay for an hour or so then bam, pain.

diane07
20-07-08, 08:53
Its a difficult one, is there any way you can go back to the docs and see a different doctor, just to give you some reassurance that its not life threatening, two weeks is a long time to wait especially if you're in pain, the chest and palpitations could be due to anxiety, anxiety can give you all sorts of ailments, i think if you've had it for 3 months then its nothing serious as it comes and goes, but you need for your own mind to know what is causing these symptoms, i would say go back to doc and tell him you're worried.

Di xx