PDA

View Full Version : Worried after hearing awful things about local hospital

Lissy43
19-07-08, 18:55
Our local hospital has been rumoured to be the worst around recently. Today I saw my father in law and his sisters husband has been in hospital all week. She and a friend got a terrible sickness bug just from visiting him and aparently they have had to shut 3 wards because of a superbug. They tried to put him onto another ward and he ended up discharging himself because itw as filthy.

Another lady on the ward was only supposed to be in for 2 weeks but has been in 7 and cannot get out of there, she has caught bug after bug since being admited.

Its the hospital I gave birth to all of my children in, the next nearest is Chester but I have no idea what that hospital is like but its got me very concerned and made me anxious about our health today. I am worried sick that with 3 children we may end up needing a hospital at some point and im terrifed about going to this hospital (wrexham) but I don't know if Chester is any better. I do know Wrexham has been in the press alot recently locally for its bugs.

Arghh can someone slap me and stop me worrying about this. I just am scared incase we need urgent help then my children will get seriously ill. I am considering private medical care but my guess is that these hospitals do not have A&E depts?

diane07
19-07-08, 19:00
I can understand your fear and unfortunatley alot of hospitals are having this prob, chester is a good hospital but mrsa exists there too just not on a bigger scale as wrexham, if you have to go to hospital come over this way to arrowe park its not as bad and its only a 40 min drive from wrexham.

Di xx

Alisonj
19-07-08, 19:08
Unforunately the super bugs are starting to become more common at all hospitals. Our local ones have had a couple of episodes where there have been the bugs going around and they set major restrictions. Not much we can do but avoid going at all costs if possible. The good thing is as long as you dont have a very weak immune system you should be able to fight things anyway,

Lissy43
19-07-08, 20:03
Thank you both.

I wsa thinking though in an emergency in an ambulance where would the paramedics take us? I would be worried sick.

I was going to look on the net to see the top ten worst hospitals but decided not to;-) someone told me recently wrexham were in the top 10 worst.

Alisonj
19-07-08, 23:05
Good idea, I wouldnt check! I can bet that some are Canadian for sure!

Cathy V
19-07-08, 23:17
I think if you had enough of an emergency to involve an ambulance and para-medics then you wouldnt necessarily be worrying about superbugs at this point. Because superbugs or not, these nurses and doctors would be intent on saving your life or the lives of your children. How many children have you heard about dying from these superbugs? I know they exist and that its not an ideal situation but the facts remain that its usually the elderly that contract these bugs because they are the least resistent.

Its a bit silly to worry about something that only 'might' happen to your children. They may never need emergency treatment in their lifetime. Have you ever needed to be rushed into hospital in an ambulance? your hubby? any of your family? :D

Take care
cathy xx

Trixie
20-07-08, 06:53
Our local hospital has been rumoured to be the worst around recently. Today I saw my father in law and his sisters husband has been in hospital all week. She and a friend got a terrible sickness bug just from visiting him and aparently they have had to shut 3 wards because of a superbug. They tried to put him onto another ward and he ended up discharging himself because itw as filthy.

Another lady on the ward was only supposed to be in for 2 weeks but has been in 7 and cannot get out of there, she has caught bug after bug since being admited.

Its the hospital I gave birth to all of my children in, the next nearest is Chester but I have no idea what that hospital is like but its got me very concerned and made me anxious about our health today. I am worried sick that with 3 children we may end up needing a hospital at some point and im terrifed about going to this hospital (wrexham) but I don't know if Chester is any better. I do know Wrexham has been in the press alot recently locally for its bugs.

Arghh can someone slap me and stop me worrying about this. I just am scared incase we need urgent help then my children will get seriously ill. I am considering private medical care but my guess is that these hospitals do not have A&E depts?

If this is the hospital you are talking about please read this. However, the Office for National Statistics cautioned that many of the hospitals which recorded large numbers of deaths from infections were also more likely to have high patient numbers generally.

The data, collected from death certificates, also shows only where patients died, not where they acquired the infections initially or where they received other treatment before their death.

Health chiefs have also warned that there is no national standard for doctors having to record MRSA as a cause of death – meaning the Maelor's policy may make the rate appear higher than those hospitals that do not record it on their documents.

Lissy43
20-07-08, 08:38
Thank you all.

It is a silly worry but not nice to hear these things.

I appreciate your replies.

Trixie
20-07-08, 08:47
Thank you all.

It is a silly worry but not nice to hear these things.

I appreciate your replies.

Unfortunately it is a fact of life nothing is as we would like it to be.

I remember when it would be more than your life's worth to have a mucky untidy ward.