PDA

View Full Version : why can't i be happy'!?!?!?

LisaS
28-04-05, 18:03
sorry - one day i will come on here with something good to say - i always seem to be complaining!
well, i wrote on tuesday about going out with my friends in the park and coming home and not feeling pleased with myself like i should have done. Well today I have driven quite far to see a friend, who wasn't there, but i still drove there! then stopped at another friends on the way home and had a really good natter. Now i'm home, instead of feeling really pleased with myself I dont. Am I devoid of feeling happiness now!? instead i just feel like i'm useless and have no purpose. I know how self pitious that sounds but i can't help it. I'm quite tired.. maybe thats it.. I wish I could feel pleased I achieved it!
wheres my happiness gone!!!?!?! if you find it, please forward it on!
thanks,
lisa
xxx

seh1980
28-04-05, 18:09
awwww Lisa - you really should be proud and pleased with yourself!! Maybe you could keep a list of all the things that you achieve everyday and watch how it all adds up - maybe that would help? :D

carlin
28-04-05, 18:31
Hi Lisa
Sorry you are feeling down right now, you have been doing really well, i know what you mean though, i feel the same lately, i try so hard to make an effort by going out, phoning friends and being mrs. jolly, but some days i just want to stay at home (there's always plenty for me to do here anyway) Tiredness can do some very strange things to anyone - let alone people who suffer with stress etc. try to take a nice long relaxing bath, and a nice early night, things will seem brighter in the morning and, yes, you will be happy again.Keep in touch p.s. haven't got too much spare happiness right now, as soon as i have will send it on!

LisaS
28-04-05, 19:09
thanks girls,
sarah i do write down my positive things every day and I know i've made progress - i just wish i could feel good about that! maybe i'm being impatient and want too much too soon. that sounds more like me..

carlin - thanks so much sweetie.. its nice to hear that you think i'll get happiness back again! i can't wait!! i will indeed have an early night..

I have friends coming to stay for the long weekend and i think i'm quite agitated about it. I know it will be ok, but im quite nervous about it..

thanks again,
Lisa
xxx

seh1980
28-04-05, 19:18
Hope you have a good time with your friends Lisa. Hopefully it will help you take your mind off things. :D

LisaS
28-04-05, 19:22
I hope so.. and if it goes well, then I'm sure I'll be happy when they go and its gone with no problems! They have a 10 month old baby coming too, so i'm sure that'll keep me busy!

thanks sarah - you know how to make me feel better!

Meg
28-04-05, 19:41
Even if you can't feel it at present then show yourself it by buying yourself some flowers or something that you'll see all day long to remind yourself how much better you are.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
28-04-05, 20:43
Hi lisa,

i think it is a good idea to write down all the positive things you have done, and maybe add all the things you would like to do,
some days we do just feel flat, i still have days like that i just really try and think of things that would make me happy,

Having your friends will be a good escape from your thoughts and especially with a 10 month old, just kepp thinking how good it will be to see them and you will be able to relax have a laugh with them,

im sending u a little bit of my happiness cos i do feel a bit better now,:D[OK]:D

hope this helps big hug

kairen x